Poly Sync LFOs

From the manual:

and the LFOs of each unit won’t be synchronized with each other.

Am I wrong in thinking that the lfos might get close to sync using cv expansion from one unit to the other? Is this a CPU limitation? Just curious.

Related question would be - might BassB be able to gain his third and fourth envelopes the same way, maybe with one Shruthi’s envelope to cv out and then into the others cv in to mix, pwm1/2, etc… ?

I haven’t tried and logically I can’t see why not, so there might be a void full of ignorance behind this idea, I’m not sure.

Well, if you send an external source to a CV in on all units, it’s a different story.

There are two things to be careful about :

• CVs are read with “whatever CPU is left”, so you might not achieve super fast envelope or LFO rates here. Complex patches leave very few CPU for scanning CVs.
  • You cannot connect the “CV out” of the Shruthi straight to the “CV in” of another unit. That would be an abomination.

“Well, if you send an external source to a CV in on all units, it’s a different story.”

By external source you mean non-Shruthi?

“You cannot connect the “CV out” of the Shruthi straight to the “CV in” of another unit. That would be an abomination.”

You mean without proper grounding and voltage; without adding at least a pot to exploit control; or because in poly-mode changes will already be propagated downstream?

I’m sorry, I’m confused.

> By external source you mean non-Shruthi?

When I wrote “LFOs of each unit won’t be synchronized with each other” I meant the 2 internal LFOs. If you use a signal read at a CV in technically it’s no longer a LFO.

> You mean without proper grounding and voltage.

Most importantly: without filtering. the CV1/CV2 output is a PWM signal, it needs filtering with a very low cutoff before being sampled again by another unit.

Hi!

What about synchronizing via midi clock?
First Shruthi send master clock to all slaves??

Try it :wink:

perfect sales tactics…