Plaits Clipping in Organ Mode

Just had a quick question, my mutable Plaits has some soft audible clipping/distortion when using the softer organ modes. Is this normal for this mode?

Knob positions where I notice it:

Frequency: 11 o’clock
Harmonics: 12 o’clock
Timbre: 12 o’clock
Morph: 1 o’clock

All smaller potentiometers at 12 o’clock position.

I’ll have a look!

If Its the sound i think it is, I love it! Giving me trip hop organ vibes

I can’t reproduce this… On the scope the signal stays between -6V and +6V (the clipping points of the DAC are at -8V and +8V).

Maybe there’s something in your signal chain that clips when the signal exceeds 10Vpp?

Maybe you could post a recording?

if its not the signal chain, like i said, some of the less bright wavetables can sound a bit wooly/clippy o their own…

Thank you for all your responses.

Yeah you’re probably right, it’s probably just the way the waveform sounds in that mode with the different chords creating the sense of a bit of overdrive. I am not hearing it with a solid tone only when I’m triggering notes, I think it’s clicking coming from the internal envelope when fed a gate from what I can tell. It’s just easier to hear the click with softer tones than ones with more high frequency content.

Could someone explain the following. I can clearly hear the difference in audio when adjusting the morph to change the envelope decay time however I’m not hearing much of a change when adjusting the response of the LPG. Is this a pretty subtle effect on the sound? Or could someone provide a patch note on how I can hear the difference in use?

Turn the TIMBRE knob to adjust the response of the LPG, from VCFA to VCA.

Its for sure not super duper obvious. Try it with a bright sound and a longish decay, youll notice immediately

Oh ok, yeah just tested with a really bright sound and can hear it.

Thanks again.