Peaks V2

Hello everyone.
I’ve seen many videos and tried few times Peaks and it is really a great module. I was wondering if there is an idea of creating a Peaks V2 in the near future.
Cheers,
T

Peaks was designed at the end of 2012 with a very ugly purpose in mind: fill a gap (physically and functionally) in a tentative Mutable Instruments 104-HP system. It does several unrelated things with a confusing UI.

Instead of Peaks v2, you should consider Stages, which has a more unified and flexible approach to modulations. As for the drum synthesis features of the original Peaks, they have been refined and made CV-controllable in Plaits.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m already using Plaits for drums, but what was really great of Peaks was the double trigger and double output in a single module. I’m not really sure how I would recreate it on Plaits.

Well I for one celebrate Peak’s wonderful unrelated functions ;).

If you ever decide to have another relaxing module release, please consider a new Peaks with even more unrelated functions. Consider it a challenge to make them as far apart as possible. Would be fun for me at least. You’d make some random dude across the Earth pretty happy.

2 Likes

DREAD.

Module releases are never relaxing.

4 Likes

LOL. Pure schadenfreude.

1 Like

Hey come on now. No need to resort to thirteen letter words ;). Just a bit facetious maybe. I take no pleasure in other people’s pain.

It’s easy to recreate on Plaits (with the caveat that you can’t have two different drum sounds playing at the same time): just use the model change cv