Peaks output level

Hi again,
What is Peaks’ output voltage range? I can’t find this info on the specs web page.
Thanks.
-m

1 Like

+/- 5V for bipolar signals (LFO, drum generation) and 0…8V for unipolar modulations (envelope).

Thanks!

I think I am getting a bit crazy here… I don’t have a multimeter with me but according to my Maths (the module, not the science), Peaks in LFO mode outputs +/- 10V!

Here’s my deduction: Peaks to channel 3 with attenuverter all the way CW, channel 2, which is normalled to +10V, all the way CCW, and I can see on the two LEDs that the signal still slightly crosses 0V… Someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

In LFO mode the waveform can swing between 0 Vpp and 16 Vpp depending on the amplitude setting. When you are using the modes in which the amplitude setting is not available, it defaults to the maximum value (16 Vpp). I’ll publish a fix in which it defaults to 10 Vpp if more people ask for it.

Cool. Maths is Voltmeter, too. Id like to stick Peaks to ±8V btw.

I have noticed Peaks in Drum mode being significantly quieter than some of my other modules, particularly Braids. Is this expected?

a|x

Yes - there’s a lot of punch in the attack, and the output is uncompressed.

@toneburst
Just run it thru a Streams :wink:

@fcd72 would do, if I had one.

a|x

will do, also

> Cool. Maths is Voltmeter, too.

Well, Maths is really to a voltmeter what a 19th century balance scale is to a modern digital scale :slight_smile: And with only two weights, 5V and 10V!

> In LFO mode the waveform can swing between 0 Vpp and 16 Vpp depending on the amplitude setting.

Ah ok, that sounds more plausible than 10Vpp. Still, it’s weird that Maths tells me that it goes over +10V then! I guess I’ll have to find a proper multimeter.

pichenettes, a suggestion: generally, I think it would be really, really useful to have this kind of info in the specs of the modules! (along with the default firmware files)

>> In LFO mode the waveform can swing between 0 Vpp and 16 Vpp depending on the amplitude
>setting.
>
>Ah ok, that sounds more plausible than 10Vpp. Still, it’s weird that Maths tells me that it goes over
>+10V then! I guess I’ll have to find a proper multimeter.

Maths isn’t exactly Lab Equipment…… i recommend this