Pause when changing multis

HI! When I change my multi with a programme change message from my mpc, there is a pause as the multi loads, the led above the voice leds lights up.
Is there any way round this? maybe a faster SD card?
Cheers
:#

No. The delay is due to the time taken to send the multi to each voicecard.

ok, cool, a feature!
:#

Me again!
I’m struggling a bit with MIDI. In patch, programme or multi mode the ambika is responding to programme changes from other midi channels. Also, while it will only play notes from the chosen midi channel, it is recognising note data from other channels!
Anyone have any ideas? I’m using an MPC1000 with jjos2xl.
Cheers!

> . Also, while it will only play notes from the chosen midi channel, it is recognising note data from other channels!

What do you mean by recognising notes from other channels?

Are you sure that there isn’t any part that is set to receive on all MIDI channels?

The note symbol for midi activity lights up, for notes on different channels! All 6 parts are set to the same midi channel!

I will try it on a dedicated midi port rather than my thru box tomorrow

Sure the MPC isn’t sending to omni, or alternatively that any part of the ambika isn’t set to omni/channel 0?

Mpc, no. Will take any ambika hints though! It’s weird because my shruthi is in the same midi chain but only shows note on data for its channel and only programme changes on its channel

> The note symbol for midi activity lights up, for notes on different channels!

This is normal. On Ambika the MIDI status icons are signaling incoming MIDI traffic - whether or not Ambika processes them.

OK, thanks.
I just tested Ambika on a different midi port, and i think i’ve isolated the problem. When in Memo mode, the Ambika responds to programme changes from ANY midi channel connected, when in performance/programmer modes the Ambika only responds to programme change on the patch/programme/multi midi channel.
Phew! melted my mind for a while!

Yes… it’s not a bug but the way I intended it to be - a multi is storing the whole configuration of the synth (including the MIDI channel numbers for 6 parts), so it would make sense to restrict it to a particular channel.

Sorry to steal the thread here but I’m having trouble getting my Ambika to respond at all to bank selection CC and program changes programmed into my JJOS2XL MPC1000. Do I need to send to a specific channel or would it work to any of the part channels I’m using? I have my multis setup as follows:

lead synth on part 1/midi channel 1
basses on part 2/midi channel 2
four voice pads etc on part 3-6/midi channel 3

Cheers,
Mat