Non-release(s), august 2015, november 2015

IIRC @pichenettes wrote somewhere that he would not make a module with a display again, as it only caters to deep menus, and that he want to avoid this in the future. I think we can expect more Streams like navigation in the coming modules.

I’d rather avoid designing modules so complex that they would require a display.

That’s just the same thing :slight_smile:

Not for now. All the other sketches from the past 2 years have been turned into actual modules, some of them launched in 3 months, some others around june/july.

Plus I’m not sure OLED displays will last as long as an LED or LCD. Every device I have with them implements a screensaver.

Love your ideas and where you were going with these

This one kind of reminds me of Seek now from Cooper Traces love the mutate function!!

Hooray for taking this approach!

So we are looking at March for new toys? :grinning:

Where in this thread have I stated that?

I think I may have misread your “some of them released in 3 months” a few posts back. I read it as some of them will get released in 3 months. :yum:

Oops. I shouldn’t have done that!

Gotcha ! :grin:

:wink:

It’s ok, I wont tell anyone if you don’t.

Cool, but a display need not imply complexity.

Alright, complexity is maybe not the right word here. Depth is not the right word either - some things in appearance simple can be made very deep just through the possibility of interaction with other modules.

Let me rephrase it then:

I’d rather avoid designing modules with a “parameters/physical controls” ratio so high that they would require a display.

I can see where you are coming from, however Having to remember what different combinations of blinking colored lights mean what is perhaps less desirable. A little display to light your way can make your day.

I’d rather avoid designing modules with a “parameters/physical controls” ratio so high that the user has to remember what different combinations of blinking colored lights mean.

I do have to admit, that I rarely use the additional undocumented features on Rings just because of the blinking lights not exactly making sense to me, but they are very appealing when I do use them. It’s really interesting to see your approach evolving.