Noise while turning Gain knob on Clouds

Hi
Recently I notice a undesireable noise while turning the gain knob on Clouds, it is more loud at 12 o’clock. I look the module an the potentiometer is not the version with the plastic shaft, as I read on other discussion in this forum.
If I disconnect the audio input and move the knob no noise is audible, only with an audio input.
Can be related to dirt on the potentiometer? May parasites could be a source of this?
Thanks for your answers…

Yes it’s dirt in the potentiometer. Try cleaning it. If not, send me back the module and I’ll replace the pot.

Thanks for the answer Olivier. I live in South America, so the chance to send the module to you is very expensive. Can I use a contact cleaner to try to solve the issue? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

If you clean the pot with contact, it will need to be re-lubed to work smoothly

Almost six years later…
Were you able to clean the pot properly? Mine is crackling, too, and I‘m looking into the best way to clean it.

I used DeoXit on my second hand Clouds I bought 3-4 years ago and it’s still fine.

1 Like

Great, I‘ll check it out.

Hi, it is still cracking after cleaning the potentiometer. The potentiometer loose the lubrication, the knob feels loose. I believe the solution is to change the pot, but I don’t have the skills to do that, best

1 Like

you can send it back to me after October and I’ll replace it for free. Use the contact form on the website.

1 Like

Thanks Emilie, your customer service it’s great! As I told you on 2016 I live in Chile, South America, and actually I have two Clouds (both original made by you) with the same issue. It will be very expensive to send them to France. It will be possible to ship two pots to me and change here the potentiometers by a skilled technician?

1 Like

Yes of course!

1 Like