No output from digital board [solved]

Hello,

I built everything including the filter.
The LCD, buttons, pot are working ok.

still I get no sound.

I checked the voltage on the various output of the control board, I get some voltage on ‘F’ and ‘osc’, though there is no midi input. Is it normal ?

regards,

stephane

So the problem seems to be that you do not receive MIDI, right? Can you see the note icon on the LCD display when a MIDI note is sent?

If not, here are 3 common problems with the MIDI input:

• Optocoupler is swapped with eeprom chip ; or wrongly oriented.
  • Diode is wrongly oriented.
  • GND pin of the optocoupler DIP socket is badly soldered.

well, that’s not what I meant, but I checked the orientation of the opto, it was not right, now I can hear sound ! thanks for the very quick support.

now on to tuning…

btw: I was not aware that an icon would appear when receiving midi, either I missed this crucial information, or it is not written on the building page of the control board.

I suggest to add this information right after the sentence “You can even connect it to a MIDI keyboard and an amp/mixer to play it.”

thanks again.

Quote from the build manual:
You can even connect it to a MIDI keyboard and an amp/mixer to play it.
If all sounds good, insert the 16×1 connector between the LCD module and the PCB, and solder it first to the LCD module, and then to the main PCB. Be careful and keep the module aligned with the PCB!

=
normally you test it before mounting the LCD.

ok, I was not clear enough: I was not aware that an icon would appear whenever the conrtol board receives midi note on. That information would be helpful when testing the control board.