I’ve rewritten the MIDIpal clocking system so that the “note clocking” option is now a first-class citizen.
All apps which had an internal/external clock setting now have a “not” setting for note clocking (arpeggiator, sequencer, delay…). When this setting is in use, external clock messages are discarded - but start/stop messages are still taken into account. I think this is the only correct way of implementing this feature.
Now the problem: the code changes I have made are 1/ quite ugly because they are clearly pushing the boundary of the existing architecture ; 2/ touching absolutely everything. So in a way, this change is worthless because it invalidates the 10000hrs of collective validation the previous code had.
Please test. Not just the features that interest you but everything you can. It would be nice to post here about which parts of the firmware you tested!