New release: Orientation

Hi Everyone,

Short story: Starting in late 2016, and throughout 2017, I made a habit of making and recording daily patches, mostly as an exercise in learning modules and patching techniques. Somewhere along the way, I set an arbitrary goal of releasing something in 2017, and this is the something. The recordings were all single takes, straight to stereo.

I just wanted to come here and share some download codes just to say thanks to the MI community. Mutable Instruments modules have changed the way I think about sound and synthesis and have reshaped how I approach music. So thank you!

Some download codes:

Some details on my system: 360 hp; primarily Mutable Instruments (Tides x2, Rings, Clouds, Peaks, Streams, Frames, Warps, Ears, Links, Kinks, Blinds, Veils), Make Noise and Mannequins modules.

So come up to the lab / and see what's on the slab / I see you shiver with antici

Achievement unlocked
Guessed the name of two upcoming modules

You must be occupying my subconscious now!

I’ll bet on :

• Cascades
  • Floats

and as a backup :

• kj3a-xagg
  • nzjn-7xat

I’m sure Olivier is being flippant here, but that notwithstanding:

Cascades = chained envelopes
Rattles = multi-percussion module
Floats = a digital version of Maths
Waits = trigger or audio delay lines
Shivers = a glitchy thing
Tenses = a play on tensors, a multi-dimensional vector sequencer?
Rests = a complex clocking module that adds rhythm
Looms = chord progression/counterpoint sequencer
Lifts = voltage offset utility module

Achievement unlocked
Guessed the name and function of an upcoming module

I might have speculated, but used that time to order the cassette instead! Nice achievement!

Addendum- Shivers could be the new granular-type device…

My guess would be that Rests is a module that outputs silence. Something along the lines of John Cage’s 4’33" or preferably The Best of Marcel Marceao.

Achievement unlocked
Derail a thread with the first answer

I’m enjoying this music - thanks for sharing with us!
Remember folks, download codes are generous, but if you have the means, please support the artist. Cheers!

Received cassette in the mail today, love it!

Glad it made it to you quickly–thanks for the support!

Thanks for the code - that´s a good one. Especially tenses is a wonderful track.

Very much liked it.
Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: