New Analog Filter Board, Three Ring Circuits

Edit
Discussion of very early stages of development from a long time ago
Discussion of completed board
Manual and other documentation

Here are the details about ordering a Three Ring Circuits dual diode ring filter board or kit.

I am in Japan, so the price is in yen. I am asking 3,000 yen for a board, and 10,000 yen for a kit, plus shipping. I can accept payment by PayPal, so you should be able to pay in your local currency and have PayPal convert to yen for you. To make an order, please mail me with your name, shipping address, and paypal e-mail address. I’ll send a payment request to you. My e-mail address is my user name here followed by the at mark and gmail.com.

Buyer pays actual shipping. I’m using Japan Post’s “International E-Packet” system. It’s relatively speedy, and cheaper than EMS. Delivery should take 4 to 9 days, depending on the country. Everything is all packed up and ready to be sent, so I can send orders out the next business day. (Please note that Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week are national holidays in Japan, so any early orders will ship on Monday.)

Rates are as follows:

1 board
580 yen to Asia 635 yen to North America, Europe, and Oceania 685 yen to South America and Africa

2 or 3 boards
630 yen to Asia 710 yen to North America, Europe, and Oceania 790 yen to South America and Africa

1 kit
780 yen to Asia 935 yen to North America, Europe, and Oceania 1,105 yen to South America and Africa

1 kit plus 1 or 2 boards
880 yen to Asia 1,085 yen to North America, Europe, and Oceania 1,315 yen to South America and Africa

2 kits
980 yen to Asia 1,235 yen to North America, Europe, and Oceania 1,525 yen to South America and Africa

In Japan, I can take payment by furikomi and chakubarai it to you. Or if you’re around Tokyo or Chiba, we can meet up for a beer and I’ll hand it to you in person:)

I think that would probably cover just about everybody. If not, mail me, and I’ll look up the rate.

In addition to having a tracking number, you can also choose to have an e-mail sent to you automatically at any or all of the following points in transit.

1. Accepted
  2. Dispatch from Japan
  3. Arrived at foreign exchange office
  4. Wait for customs
  5. In customs
  6. Arrived at delivery office
  7. Delivery

Unless requested otherwise, I’m going to assume people want these e-mail notifications.

The kit includes one board and everything in the parts list section of the manual (page 10) with the following exceptions:

20 1N4148 diodes are needed, and they should be matched for best results. Matching diodes for twenty kits is more work than I can handle by myself,
and I buy the diodes in packs of 50, so I’m just including one pack of diodes. You’re responsible for matching them by yourself, and you’ll have some leftover at the end.

22 0.1uF ceramic capacitors are needed. I tried to include 25, just in case I miscounted. You should have a few leftover.

Two extra 100uF bipolar electrolytic capacitors are included for the low-frequency self-res mod on page 26 of the manual for those who want to try it. (There’s really no reason not to use these. There is clear difference in simulation, but I don’t hear any difference in practice. Anyway, they’re there if you want them, but I don’t think you’re missing much if you don’t.)

All of the ceramic capacitors should have 2.54mm lead spacing, but for eight of them, I can’t get that locally in any significant quantity. Those eight caps will have 5.08mm lead spacing. There’s just a little crook in the leads that can be straightened with a pair of pliers. It’s not hard, and it looks exactly the same once soldered in. Sorry, but please bare with the small inconvenience. All the other parts have the correct lead spacing.

All the variable resistors are positioned on the board to allow easy access from the side even when the unit is assembled. I can’t get variable resistors with the trimmer on the side, so the kits ship with VRs with trimmers on top. It also includes two sets of cables to allow access to the trimmers while the digital board and analog board are separate.

The quad op-amps are TL084, not 074. It’s not going to make any difference.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Cool. I was just wondering about this the other day. I just sent you an email.

You have an email from me :slight_smile:

And me!

sammy123, It’s already on the way:)
cereyanlimusiki and eelco, I got your mail. I’ll get back to you before I go to bed.

Hey it would be nice to include more info about your filter design, just sayin’ :wink:

Ditto what dubtoms wrote. I’d like to see the PCB, the manual, build docs, BOM, that sort of thing. Hard to decide which version to order without a better idea of the complexity. Sound samples would also be helpful.

You guys who already ordered are certainly trusting.

dubtomspiscione I thought the same until I realized the info is in the download in this thread

Oops, a link to the original thread should have been included though )

Thanks Bjarne. Agree again with dubtoms, a link would’ve been nice.

Sorry about that. My assumption was that people would find their way here from the earlier thread.
Also, I finally figured out that HTML tags don’t work here, so I put the links up in the correct format.

I’ll try to get more demos up on my soundcloud soon.

I’d love to hear some more demos.
Cheers

Emailed!
Cheers!

A few more demos up on my soundcloud .
Three regular patches, and three external input.
More coming soon.

Got my board this morning. Thanks!

'Glad it got there safe. I’d love to hear your thoughts once it’s up and running.

Hoping you have some kits left. Just been looking at the manual and I really appreciate the technical analysis!

I don’t see an email address so I’ll PM you (maybe that’s what everyone means when they say they emailed you?).

EDIT: Just spotted the hint about your address. Will email you.

EDIT: Done.

This is great :slight_smile: I’ve also emailed.

Whee! Got the kit and it looks great :slight_smile:

I just wanted to bump this up once and add a quick update.

Over the past few weeks I’ve built four boards. They’re all checked, tuned, and cleaned. They work great. I tried a few different colors of LEDs for the clown eyes this time. As you can see in the photo, there’s green, blue, orange, and red.

If anybody is interested in these boards, please let me know. I’m happy to let them go for 10,001 yen, plus an optional (but very welcome) “pay what you think it’s worth” payment to cover the construction after you’ve had it for a few days and gotten to know it better.

Also, the picture in the other thread is of unit made mostly from stuff I had left over in my junk box, so I wanted to upload a better pic of a unit made from a kit.

Anyway, there are still plenty of kits and boards left.

Anybody finish building theirs yet?