I’ve posted this one over at the chipmusic.org forums, so I thought I might post it here as well
As you might know I work mainly as an illustrator and graphic designer, that’s what I do to earn a living. I have some interesting projects from time to time, and I have a lot of boring one’s, but what I really would like to do, is work for musicians, doing posters and album art.
So here here’s my idea: if you like my style, and need someone to design/illustrate your next EP, I might do it for free.
And where’s the catch you might ask. There’s no catch, but there’s conditions:
- I’ll do this for free as long as the EP or LP is a non-profit thing (as it’s mostly the case with chipmusic anyway). If you plan on selling it, we’ll have to talk about it.
- To do a good job I need to really like the music. It must be something that inspires me. These things either happen, or they don’t so I can’t promise anything.
- I have a limited amount of time left after I do all the paid work, so don’t expect me to deliver too quickly (though I will do my best not to make you wait for ages, and I’ve become pretty fast at doing my job anyway)
- I will not be the mere executor of your ideas, I want as much creative freedom as I can get! Though of course it will always be a process where both sides have their share.
- Don’t ask me to draw in a different style than my own, don’t ask me to imitate somebody else’s style.
- Of course I’d like to be credited for my work
Not sure if you want this? Check out these things I’ve made:
Want to see more?