Namm Modular announcements

@flocked

If that reverb costs as much as the Echophon, I’ll send you a free module of mine =)

Way more CV control, need a ton more processing power for reverb so more hardware behind the panel- and, it’s bigger. There’s a positive correlation between the size of MN modules and the price =).

(come to think of it, that hold true for almost every euro module- no wasted real estate)

Personally, given the cost of most delay modules, I was surprised to find out the Echophon was only $400.

Hexinverter Mutant Drum Modules (want)

Video with Circadian Rhythm (guy doing the video didn’t understand that people aren’t watching it to hear the music…)

Ok, so I’m trying to wrap my head around this synthesis method:

2 strike inputs, two depth controls and a depth CV (for the input I imagine), assuming the other section is for 2 audio inputs, with the one being the modulator delay for the generation input?

And then there’s a gain CV and a mix CV and and Exponential FM input?

Bets on pricing:

Waveguide: $399

Reverb: $550

The slice on the left controls the frequency of the note (delay line length). Coarse frequency, fine frequency, FM. Just like Braids :slight_smile:

There are two Strike inputs, probably for two different flavors of excitation signals, or for a positive and a negative bump to create phasing tones.

Degeneration / Regeneration controls the evolution of the sound. On the De- side, it must control a filter that makes the sound decay (like PLUK), on the Re- side, it must control the non-linear feedback element that makes sustained bowed string sounds to grow in the waveguide.

Not sure about Depth - might be the position on the waveguide of the element controlled by ?e-Generation. Not sure about Mix.

Gain is the final sound level - free built-in digital VCA.

Audio out. I have no idea about that one. I thought the pretty lights were enough.

The trigger (MN trigger inputs have circles around them) is probably doing something bonkers with the delay line - maybe glitching it, or temporarily contracting it with an AD to simulate a string slide/bend, or temporarily damping it to simulate the string equivalent of a muted stroke on a drum (this might have a guitar-ish equivalent).

Can’t see anything for polyphony control, I would have added it if I had done a dedicated module for that.

Mix might just be the -/+ on the re/degeneration input.

Wait until Grayscale does a panel and all will be revealed ;-).

Tiptop Circadian Rhythm:

want

So CTRLSEL is a 3 channel Frames without the VCA and maybe without interpolation. But an entirely different UI…

an ugly one as i might say while looking at my Frames….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV8YbLvGrb0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3baifH7bhI

Possibly the most interesting module out of those new Make Noise modules (that I don’t already have covered, cheers MI) is the reverb. But to be honest, I have quite a few old outboard reverbs.
I do have a few Make Noise modules planned in a monster base. Just not any of these new ones.

edited post

I have to say that there’s very little in the eurorack world that has excited me that I’ve seen at NAMM this year. ( via t’internet )
But I am a grumpy old sod.

If only the Big Sky was a module…

But those SSF/WMD modules look good…And yes, I love that the VCO has buttons to switch between 3 octaves- digital control where it belongs and not where it doesn’t…

I actually think these all look pretty awesome. Not saying I am gonna sell my Braids for a Mysteron, but I bet the reverb will be cool for non-realistic uses. Rhythmic reverse reverbs with CV controlled room size sounds fun to me!

If the Teleplexer is fairly cheap, I would definitely like to have one. Touch control in a small package: why not?

They don’t look how they would if I designed them myself, but there are definitely uglier modules in the world.

Disclaimer: I only have one MN module so am not a fanboy.

Well, its hard to get too excited when you already have some of the new MI modules =)

The Mysterion and Reverb will have alterations to the front panel design (according to Muffs)- which is probably the reason they put the stock photos out with “PROTOTYPE” over top of them: so they could get excitement going at NAMM for them while not seeding the cloud with early versions of the design during the internet frenzy phase of their life-cycle.

But the whole Make Noise design asthetic works for me…if they’re racked together- but the arrows pointing to nowhere and in-congruent lines just throw everything else off. The Phonoegene works for me, but this Function is plain ugly and the MMG looks like doodles I did in my notebook in high school.

The Teleplexer does look quite interesting though.
Maybe I need to look into it more.