Naming guidelines for using MI code in derivative works?

I did some searching and did not find a thread on this, so I apologize if I missed it.

I understand there are some guidelines with regards to third parties making derivative works from Mutable Instrument sources - specifically with euro-hardware like micro-modules - where “Mutable Instruments” or the module name should not be used.

Does the same apply to ports/adaptations of the source code?

Is there a specific resource I can refer to for this?

Thx!

2 Likes

Yes.

As a good example, see what VCV Rack did (no use of the trademarked name “Mutable Instruments”, and of the original module names).

3 Likes

Hi, just getting into the code. The Korg Prologue series has an older version of Plaits and Elements ported to it. I’ve picked up the port and started to add to it. I would like to provide acknowledgments for previous amazing work (original and port) beyond maintaining the original source code licensing text. I don’t want folks to think I’m responsible for the all that GoodStuff™, and want to give credit where credit is due. I’m just facilitating getting the best out of worthy code. And I want to learn more for when I get my modular!