My Shruthi's have issues with playing the correct MIDI notes [SOLVED]

Hello fellow shruthizens :slight_smile:

As the title says, 2 out 3 shruthi interpret incorrectly the MIDI notes sent to them by my keyboards.
Any idea as how to debug that issue ?

Costo.

Could you explain what you mean by “interpret incorrectly”?

Do they play out of tune? If so, by how many cents?

No, they are perfectly in tune, that’s not the issue. Let me try to explain properly.
Say I play 14 adjacent white keys, starting with C.
I will hear : C-D-E-F-G-G-B-C-D-E-F-G-G-B.
If I spoof my MIDI keyboard, the codes sent are correct (presumed C is 48, which it isn’t) : 48-50-52-53-55-57-59-60-62-64-65-67-69-71…
If I play in reverse : B-A-G-F-E-D-C-B-A-G-F-E-D-C,
I will hear : B-A-A-F-E-D-C-B-A-A-F-E-D-C.

It’s like all the G keys on my keyboard are just repeating the last note played…

Set the rag(a) setting to equ(al temperament).

Damn, that did it ! And I was waiting for an answer with an iron in my hand :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you very much, I got both my Pvk and 4PM back now, wooohoooo :slight_smile:

Oh and it’s the first time I get to seriously play with all my Shruthi-1s since I built them a year ago (life, women, water under the bridge, etc :wink: and I must say they sound really really really good !
Small piece of kit, but HUGE sound !

And it’s a torture to find which one I like best, I enjoy them all so much I can’t chose :slight_smile:
(with a little preference for the Yellow Magic, love the delay and the colour of the filter… Though the Polyvoks is sweet and raw (ahhh, that resonance)… erm and the 4PM is round and square…)
The 128 patches are amazing too, and so diverse ! <3

I’ll be seriously thinking about building an Ambika, as soon as there’s some money back in my pockets :wink:
(I was initially thinking about selling my Shruthis, but that would be madness now that I got time to really play with them)
And of course, most if not all the modules for my Eurorack, starting with Braids “oeuf corse”…
But for that I’ll need even deeper pockets… back to work :wink: