My first 100% Shruthi SMR4 track

Hey guys I put this together last night, thought I’d share it here :slight_smile:
All Shruthi and vanilla Ableton Live 9.
Shruthi is the only sound source, effects and arrangement done in Ableton.

Drum sounds were done by sampling the Shruthi and then putting them in a drum rack.
The pad sound is 6 layers of Shruthi. One cool side effect of recording each note of a pad differently is that you can place each note in a different spot in the stereo field.
All the other layers are pretty standard Shruthi, I even did the whooshing white noise by hand, fun stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/winter-maps/unison/s-4uXUR

>One cool side effect of recording each note of a pad differently is that you can place each note in a different spot in the stereo field.

Shhh…! That is a secret! :wink:
Another similar technique I use is separating out sharp EQ bands on parallel channels and panning them about. That way you can do it all in one pass. Obviously, not so necessary on 6 separate recordings.
That pad is very stunning. You couldn’t tell me the whole synth you used wasn’t analogue if I didn’t know better.

Nice! I use 7 Shruthis (soon to be 8), all hooked to a Roland A-90 and all played as a single polyphonic synth thanks to a MIDIPal. I do the same thing with the panning, positioning them across the stereo field.