Mutable Instruments Plaits

They are gently waiting in their box, I finally chose a RackBrute 6U that will arrive next week …

My Plaits is having an issue where it doesn’t seem to be responding to Trigger inputs anymore. I got to this state by long-pressing both mode selection buttons together and encountered a flashing green light, a short press caused a flashing yellow light, a further short press made all of the LEDs flash red, a final short press put it back into normal operation. I played with the pots while I was in one of these states, but I’m unsure what I actually did.

I managed to partially resolve the issue with no cable in the trigger input by entering each of the flashing light modes and dialing the Timbre, Morph and Harmonics knobs to full CCW, but it seems I need to do this each time the module is powered on in order to get it to respond to triggers again.

I take it that I’ve managed to enter the calibration mode and screw something up, any ideas on how I can permanently fix this?

Been having a lot of fun with Marbles and Plaits. Marbles switching models with CV from the X side, triggered from t1 is very cool.

Just received mine yesterday. Oh lord.
This is just plain my favorite oscillator ever.
Even the very basic analog waveform model just sounds so so good.
For this price, i cant imagine any better choice.
10/10

I love it. I’m just building out my first rack, but picked one up a couple days ago and omg.

One thing though, I was playing around with it, just sort of blinding holding down buttons and seeing what I could find, and now it suddenly is weirdly discordant - I can’t figure out why.

Is there some sort of way for me to bring it back to factory defaults? I’ve been looking at the manual, but nothing I see in there is really helping.

When holding the two buttons ?

Don’t hold the two buttons.

Isn’t it the calibration mode ? I don’t remember where I see that

Now I want to push the two buttons…

It’s for entering the factory calibration mode. Don’t do it.

:grimacing: pussshhh