Mutable Dev Enviroment, unable to log

Hi! I recently installed the mutable dev enviroment on my Windows 10 PC, but I am unable to log into de Vagrant machine after loging out. That is, the first time I installed I usead the “vagrant up” command, then I logged with “vagrant ssh”, and exited with “exit”, the closing the machine with “vagrant halt”. The next day, when I tried running “vagrant up”, Is is unable to log, informing:

==> default: Running ‘pre-boot’ VM customizations…
==> default: Booting VM…
==> default: Waiting for machine to boot. This may take a few minutes…
default: SSH address: 127.0.0.1:2222
default: SSH username: vagrant
default: SSH auth method: private key
default: Warning: Connection aborted. Retrying…
default: Warning: Connection reset. Retrying…
default: Warning: Remote connection disconnect. Retrying…

Only solution I found is to destroy the machine with “vagrant destroy”, and run “vagrant up” again, this being extremely unpractical.

Hello Matimatil,

I have a similar issue here - not only with win10, but other OS too - Ubuntu and Arch Linux for example.

The root cause for this is that the startup of the Virtual Machine is interrupted in VirtualBox - this is due to the Vagrant folder ( the shared folder between the OS and the VM not mounting ) after a restart of the VM ( even though it mounts nicely when setting up the VM, with the Vagrant Up command )

you can see what is happening by going into Virtual Box, select your VM and click on show. this will display the terminal of the VM. and you will see the error. Pressing “S” will make the VM finish booting and you will then be able to SSH onto it BUT the shared folder will be missing.

I am stuck with the same problem, i haven’t found a solution yet.

Did a fresh installed - restart - and that’s what you get when you show the VM " an error occured while mounting /vagrant. "

I can see it listed in the shared folders in Virtual box, but i am sure this is where the problem is :

Capture