Multiple CVpal link

hi,

there is any possibility to link more than one CVpal with only one usb connector? can be a really nice feature, to have multiple cvpal connected, assuming usb consumption capability to feed more than one.

:slight_smile:

No it’s not possible. If you plug several of them on the same hub, it’s likely that the OS will list only one device because they all have the same USB identification string.

… which in return means if i alter the USB identification String in the Firmware i can have as many CVpals on one USB as i like?

Yes, I have tried it.

So how about flashing the chips with 10 different Identification Strings and then sort them randomly to the Kits?

but i was talking about have the capability I2C or UART port protocol ( i didn’t check the micro data sheet to see if a specific port is available), have a “low cost sleeper expert unit” via USB is a nice idea.

regarding to the USB id detection, if i change the id in the code, should works right?

anyway thx for your anwser pichenettes.

> regarding to the USB id detection, if i change the id in the code, should works right?

Yes.

> have a “low cost sleeper expert unit” via USB is a nice idea.

You’re expecting too much from the CVpal :slight_smile:

> >have a “low cost sleeper expert unit” via USB is a nice idea.

>You’re expecting too much from the CVpal :slight_smile:

is a good idea… :wink:

@fcd72: and then we can trade CVpals like trading-cards in school :wink:

If all else fails, you should in theory be able to run multiple CVPals if you hook them up to a separate USB host controller…

/*I haven’t tried this */

expert sleeper modules are hardly expensive anyway. Andrew deserves all the money he can for his brilliant work. Once I get into modular the first thing Im going to do is get an e3 and an 8xgt expander - its not only the tightness and feel thats great about ES - its how cool the plugins are and the modules only reason for being is that they provide access from DAW to Eurorack and back.

The CVpal can be used outside of a eurorack anyways - How much are the enclosures?

Hi there - I’ve got two CVPals and I’d like to be able to run them both off my laptop at once. I haven’t tried compiling firmware and burning it via the ISP before but I reckon I can figure that out. What exactly is the USB identification sting and which source file is it located in? Is it this one in usb_config.h?

#define USB_CFG_DEVICE_NAME ‘C’, ‘V’, ‘p’, ‘a’, ‘l’

Many thanks, I love my cvpal(s)

Yes, that’s the one.

Great, thank you!

Does anyone know a good tutorial on how to compile firmware? Would like to run 2 pals too.

This worked out just fine for me. Two pals running. Much happiness :slight_smile:
Though I had to modify USB_CFG_SERIAL_NUMBER too to get Propellerheads Reason to show two different devices (MacOS found them anyway). Just a quirk in this product I guess.

To keep track of which is which… CVpal RED, meet CVpal GREEN :slight_smile:

Kickass! That’s really cool.