i have started a module tester build and so far everything is going fine. anyway i have some questions for you:
1. there is no IC socket for ATMEGA - do you solder it without it? i think it’s better to use DIP 40 IC socket instead.
2. there is an inconsistence in parts in BOM and layout:
- all 5 diodes are 1N4001 in BOM but 1N4004 on the layout - is it matter? i have bought these 1N4004s and already soldered… so?
- C8 is 1n in the layout but in BOM it’s with the rest of 100n… also C22 is 2 pieces in BOM so i consider that C8 is 1n as well - so? what is the right value of C8
3. i have bought LCD but i don’t have a clue how to mount it - i have bought the same one as in BOM (mouser part763-0216K1Z-NSA-FBW)
there is no pins whatever… please advice.
4. what is the resistor value for this LCD?
5. how difficult is to flash ATMEGA and what tools i need?
thanks a lot! jurek