Modulation Matrix

Hi again. A Firmware specific question:

Modulation Matrix src=vel dst=en1

en1 = ENV1? Doesn’t work for me though. The idea is the make the filter envelope velocity sensitivity, rather than the cutoff. Does it make sense?

I have the SVF Filter

Regards

Did you assign env1 to something?

Hmm, well it’s prewired to ‘cut’ and I get it to work with a resolution of 1, so either on or off kind of thing but you make me think, I’ll try again. Thanks

No this is not correct - src=vel ; dst=en1 means you’re modulating the attack time of envelope 1 with velocity, and this is not what you want to do.

What you want to do is scale envelope 1 according to velocity. So you need to create an operator with in1 = en1 ; in2 = vel and operation = multiply (multiply envelope by velocity) ; and then use this operator to modulate whatever you want.

perfect!

(I did suspect this, but why EN1 for Attack??, doesn’t matter though, it’s good)

Oops, I checked the manual again… en1 is something different - this is the envelope 1 trigger (and not attack). For example, you can use this to use a LFO to retrigger the envelope.

hi again
this is confusing …

• OP en1-vel-prd and MOD op1-cut does work
  • but why does normal routing from MOD en1-cut not?
  • I also confirm that atk works with normal MOD routing, from vel-atk for example
  • MOD lf1-en1 I cannot get to work but will try again

MOD12 Number 12 this slot doesnt modulate at all?

> but why does normal routing from MOD en1-cut not?

Are you sure?

> MOD12 Number 12 this slot doesnt modulate at all?

Check the user manual to understand why :slight_smile:

>> but why does normal routing from MOD en1-cut not?
> Are you sure?

sorry my mistake; but why does normal routing from MOD vel-en1 not? Is there a logic behind it?

>> MOD12 Number 12 this slot doesnt modulate at all?
> Check the user manual to understand why :slight_smile:

of course I missed that

but maybe I just have to get used to it …
there is one more thing about the syncing to midi clock but I will post my experience later
(syncing works but sometimes not quite, like retriggering in free mode and confusing master lfo mode that actually triggers env - if it would be named differently one could be avoided getting confused) … but more on that later, gotta run

> but why does normal routing from MOD vel-en1 not? Is there a logic behind it?

What do you expect it to do? The modulation destination called “en1” is env1’s trigger input. The routing “vel-en1” does the following: whenever velocity exceeds a threshold (mid level), env1 is retriggered. If you want to modulate env1’s amplitude, use an operator.

the parameter atk from the modulation screen destination set points at env1 atk and env2 atk, both at once, not just one -> and of course this is in the manual, overlooked it again ~~