MidiREX -- DIY MIDI loop sequencer

? i count 7

5 white, 2 matte white

i am assuming when people say white, they mean matte white. Does anyone actually want the gloss white?

I’d be happy with either. My white midialf case was made by Peter who called the colour β€˜spermy white’! It would be nice to have a midirex case that matched, but I’ll go with whatever the majority want.

does that mean gloss or matte?

I am ok with matte actually.

ok, good news is that the proto is done and everything fits as it should (except the sides which I screwed up, easy fix. I’d like to get everything ordered this week and I’ll post instructions here in the next day or so.

@altitude: Seems I’m the odd man out here. Then again, someone’s gotta be that guy, I’ll take it without a window cutout. If it’s any trouble with or costs too much extra I guess I could go the same route as everyone else.

I thought this would be a prelude to the MIDIbox controller with OLEDs underneath the acrylic front panel just to try things out.

I’m also ok with matte, although the black(?) prototype looks very sexy. And perhaps a red button for record.

Ooooh, red button for record sounds sexy!

@Jojjelito As long as it is the same material, it makes no difference cutout or not since I can get 7 cases on one big panel of acrylic and each one can be customized as needed.

Keep in mind that my prototype is for an OLED only, you cant do that for normal LCDs since the bezel for those is much taller and you cant fit it under the case beneath a window. Those will have a big cutout like the standard Alf/shruthi case. Also, I will NOT be infilling these for people, you’re on your own with that. The clear/translucent stuff doesnt really need it but the matte does.

I’ll make an option for red record buttons

@altitude: OLED with no cutout it is then.

S’gonna be great to see how it turns out.

Couple questions about MIDIREX functions:

1. Is there a way to trigger start recording by playing a note? For example, hit record and then it waits for you to play your first note before recording the track.

2. Is it possible to use other time signatures than 4 beat measures?

Can’t find any confirmation of these features in the manual. Thanks.

1. No, the only way to start recording externally is by sending a controller event

2. Currently MidiREX supports 4/4 only, other measures may be added in the future but at this point there are no plans to do so.

01 – Fresh Pants – fluoro blue or blue tint, standard LCD
02 – Gabby – white, standard LCD
03 – Jojjelito – fluoro blue, OLED
04 – loopino – fluoro blue, standard LCD
05 – kvitekp – fluoro blue, standard LCD
06 – kvitekp – white, standard LCD
07 – sammy123 – flouro blue, Noritake VFD, or standard LCD if VFD won’t fit
08 – sd88me – matte white, standard LCD
09 – shwanton – fluoro blue, standard LCD
10 – ParanormalPatroler – matte white, standard LCD
11 – sparky- matte white, standard LCD
12 – dukankallemegper – fluoro blue, standard LCD
13 – eelco – white (or matte white), standard LCD
14 – zardoz – fluoro blue, standard LCD
15 – varthdader – white, Noritake VFD, or standard LCD if VFD won’t fit
16 – scttcmpbll – matte white, standard LCD

I am updating my case:

01 – Fresh Pants – fluoro blue or blue tint, standard LCD
02 – Gabby – white, standard LCD
03 – Jojjelito – fluoro blue, OLED
04 – loopino – fluoro blue, standard LCD
05 – kvitekp – fluoro blue, standard LCD
06 – kvitekp – white, standard LCD
07 – sammy123 – flouro blue, standard OLED
08 – sd88me – matte white, standard LCD
09 – shwanton – fluoro blue, standard LCD
10 – ParanormalPatroler – matte white, standard LCD
11 – sparky- matte white, standard LCD
12 – dukankallemegper – fluoro blue, standard LCD
13 – eelco – white (or matte white), standard LCD
14 – zardoz – fluoro blue, standard LCD
15 – varthdader – white, Noritake VFD, or standard LCD if VFD won’t fit
16 – scttcmpbll – matte white, standard LCD

@kvitekp: Please do consider at least adding 3/4 as an option as it’s equally common to the 4/4. I do care for other Time Signatures but I’d happily stop at these two.

@ParanormalPatroler Yep just adding 3/4 would make me soooo happy. I really do love the MIDIREX but having this option would make me love it even more.

Ok, I just realized that my noritakes are 4x20 not 2x16s so I cant verify if they will fit or not, the cutout is

I can send you one if you are willing to wait.