Matthias Puech – A Year of Time

Hi there!
A few days ago I released my new album on Hylé Tapes, called A Year of Time. It is available as pre-order on cassette (limited edition of 50 copies). Here it is if you care for a listen:

As usual, this is 100% modular synth, edited, mixed and mastered in the box, and as usual you will probably recognize some sounds and features from MI modules. I hope you like it!

We appreciate this a lot!

Lovely stuff.

Winter in particular has its grackles in all the right places.

Sounds fantastic! Favorite: fall.

Thanks a bunch, it means a lot coming from you guys.

Just bought the cassette and finished listening to these beautiful pieces, only wish they were each twice as long.

Whoa, bought the cassette just now :slight_smile:

I really like this.

Can I ask, what’s involved in the process of making the casette tapes?
I’m just curious, but I’m assuming it’s not exactly like recording songs off the radio. Like the gear used (dedicated Master casette deck?); what is your process like for preparing the tracks for casette? Do you have different masters?

I’m sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere.

Just bought the tape!

there are still professional duplication houses. not every tape label uses them, but they are out there.

Damn! Now I’ll have to change the title of my forthcoming album, which was to be called “A Kilometre of Distance”, but now that seems a bit redundant, somehow. :wink:

@PaulPanasonic I don’t duplicate them, my label Hylé Tapes does; IIRC they have one of those Telex Copyette high speed duplication machine. They are really cheap and more than sufficient for the small batches Hylé makes.

Could grad a cassette and i very much liked it too !

I don’t know if it’s interesting to notice but i was listening it while reading Théophile Gautier’s short novel, “The Dead (Woman) in Love”. While the thema of Matthias opus spoke differently than the book to me, it somehow pretty much fade well together and side B just climaxed the whole together. Thank you Matthias.

Ordered! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot @MechaSeb and @dkristian :slight_smile: Seb, I will check out the novel! Hope you like it David.

I received the cassette a couple of weeks ago. It’s beautiful. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Thank you @phonk. FYI “Fall” will be featured in next month’s issue of The Wire :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

congrats! Really happy for you!!!

Great stuff!

What a great album!