"make bake_all" issue

Now that I finally got my tool chain sorted out, I can compile everything manually except this function does not work…

The last line spits out this error: “make.exe: ***** No rule to make target `build/muboot/muboot.hex’, needed by `bake_
all’. Stop.”

This is not a big deal for me since I am used to avrdude and have always just used that so this is more of a curiosity thing…

You need to build the bootloader first: make -f bootloader/makefile

ok, that helped.

Now it does the fuses but craps out here:

make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `c:/mutable/shruthi-1’
C:\\winavr~1\\bin/avrdude -B 1 -V -p m644p -C C:\\winavr~1\\bin/avrdude.conf -c avri
spmkII -P usb \\
-U eeprom:w:shruthi/data/factory_data/internal_eeprom.hex:i \\
-U flash:w:build/shruthi1/shruthi1.hex:i -U flash:w:build/muboot
/muboot.hex:i \\
-U lock:w:0x2f:m
avrdude.exe: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"
make.exe: ***** [bake_all] Error 1

It’s because avrdude can’t see the programmer for some reason or the wrong programmer type is selected. Check the avrdude parameters in avrlib/makefile.mk .

edit: …wait a second, it does the fuses correctly and then it gives you this error?

will try… thnx

hmm. same thing. Could this be a path issue?

I don’t think so.
Does avrdude work in itself when run from the commandline?

yes, but I ask since I dont have the directory with all the shruthi stuff in the path so when I see “leaving directory c:/mutable/shruthi-1” and later calling "\\ -U eprom:w:shruthi/data/factory_data/internal_eeprom.hex:i \\ -U "

The backslash is just a line continuation indicator in the makefile, it’s does not indicate a separate path or command.

If the previous avrdude command (the one that sets up the fuses) worked and then this fails then I’m out of ideas… :frowning: