Longer Sequence Lengths from Marbles

I just wondered if it would be possible, and if so would it be easy to implement longer sequence lengths on Marbles?

32 / 64 / 128 for example?

I always thought it was strange it topped out at 16 steps.

I’d absolutely adore to have longer locked loops for more variation, but still repetition.

It’s technically feasible, but what about what’s printed on the panel?

Well, there’s little to be done about that.
But I dont think it would be a big issue for most people, as long as there was a way to tell which multiplication of the length you were in.

Perhaps you could hold down one of the buttons down to activate it, (one that doesn’t use a hold alt function already and then:

green led could be as per the panel x 1 ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 steps)
orange led could be x 2 (2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32 steps)
red led could be x 4 (4, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 48. 64 steps)

This is not something I’m willing to implement in the main firmware, but you can give it a try!

There are already enough button combos, and I always find it better when the behavior of the module matches what’s printed in the manual and on the panel.

2 Likes

Search marbles alternate firmware. Someone on this forum has already made it.

1 Like

better to build a utility module that you can have as add-ons that all MIs can connect to so that you can create everything that not every single module can. so you keep all modules intact with firmware updates. then only this utility module is updated. saves both time and retains the simplicity of not having to update manuals.

this module can have several lcd screens and a lot of controls, a hybrid between MI Elements and Intellijel Metropolix and Shapeshifter, one day Maybe :):slight_smile:

Like this? https://vcvrack.com/ :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes hahahaha exact but much smaller size hehe all software Done check? Only knobs and plate left;) and som in/outs