Live recordings, november '16 & april '17 - much MI going on

one of two live sets from april, I think the other is ending up on a mix so here’s this.

a lot of MI at work here - starting with Braids and Sheeps exciting Rings and Tides…

2 Likes

Beautiful set! Rings seems to be the perfect fit for your kind of sound, are you also feeding it field recordings?

1 Like

both Rings and Elements have a mix of oscillators and field recordings coming in. Inputs to Rings take up one channel of my Bastl ABC and a pair of VCAs. luuuuuuuuuuv it.

dense field recordings into Rings/Sympathetic Strings is instant massive strums.

Hehe yes! In general feeding field recordings into Rings is one of my fav uses of this module!

1 Like

I recently discovered that the Braids/ClockedNoise mode is also a brilliant source for Rings. Gives you the Sigur Rós type of “bowed postrock guitar” sound. With the brightness control on Rings and the coarse frequency control on Braids you can nicely adjust the agressiveness of the sound. Then drown it in an ocean of reverb for instant bliss.

2 Likes

We should have a “things that sound great with Rings” thread on the forum! Actually… I think I’ll start one now!

1 Like

here we go: Things that sound good through Rings/Elements

2 Likes

here’s another recording with an earlier version of the Rings + Elements setup, somewhat different vibe, recorded in similar cold n rainy conditions:

1 Like

the last ~15 minutes or so of this mix I did for Spools Out features an excerpt of the other performance I gave in April…

1 Like

a super quick/rough edit/mix of last night’s set:

https://soundcloud.com/billygomberg/082317-h0l0-fix

the setup is here:

with a microgranny, iphone for field recordings and an El Cap for El Cap