Link to download the default patch bank

Ok, I think my Shruthi is fried. Even when I send a single patch via sysex, the patch is corrupted. When I play hard on my keyboard controller, the sound of the Shruthi becomes soft and really thin sounding - like it is being filtered somehow with a strange filter or eq.

Any idea on what could be causing this?

Do all the system settings still make sense? The right filter selected etc.?

Gadget same thing happened to me… I actually ended up with some corrupt LCD characters and all sorts of bugs on the shruthi. I forgot where I found it but I just used the factory settings syx from another thread and it appears to be OK now. Fingers crossed.

>Do all the system settings still make sense? The right filter selected etc.?

Yes, the parameters that I am seeing in the display are the correct ones for the patches that I had programmed. However, a patch that previously had the resonance set to 0, is now sounding as though the resonance is turned way up and so on. So there is a mismatch between what I am hearing and what the parameters are set to. Something is corrupted/garbled.

@MindStasis. Can you do me a HUGE favor and dump the default parameter bank into your sequencer as a MIDI file and then PM me a link to download the file. I can’t get the sysex file to work. I have tried sending it over from both the Elektron C6 utility and MIDI-OX and the patches in my Shruthi are not being replaced for some reason. I had the same problem with the firmware. But when I sent the firmware as a MIDI file, it was updated successfully. (Unfortunately, the default patch bank is available only as a sysex file for some reason.)

Geez, this is turning into a pain. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

MindStasis. Never mind about creating a MIDI file version of the default patch bank. I don't think that was the problem.larsen explained how to increase the “interval” on the Elektron C6 to slow down the sysex transmission. So the patch bank is definitely being sent. (I had to increase the delay/interval to 1,000 ms to get it to work.)

Unfortunately, something is still not right in my Shruthi. I have the 4PM filter board in my unit. However, the display is not showing those setting on the second filter page. I am seeing the “Env” paramter where the filter type should be shown and “Hpf” where the resonance type/“color” should be shown.

Does anyone know if there are different firmware versions depending on which filter board is installed? Maybe that is the problem???

@GadgetFiend: Read the manual.
You need to have firmware version .96+ installed. You should.
Go to the manual section labeled “System Settings”. You will need to change the “fil” parameter to “4pm”. Your filter is set to “ssm”.

@fcd72: This is not a field manual. It is an online manual. "RTOM"
R-TOM rolls off the tongue better.
Also, your new AV is very fitting for a VS enthusiast. Did you make it yourself?

>You need to have firmware version .96+ installed. You should.
Go to the manual section labeled “System Settings”. You will need to change the “fil” parameter to “4pm”. Your filter is set to “ssm”.

That was it. :slight_smile: (The Shreditor program had changed the filter board type without my knowing.)

Thanks!

I do not know why, but that parameter always seems to get reset when using an external editor. You aren’t the first person with this issue, and you won’t be the last. Anyway, always check this parameter FIRST before doing anything like erasing your patches.

>Anyway, always check this parameter FIRST before doing anything like erasing your patches.

Words to live by. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Since you erased the patches by uploading empty data all parameters are set to 0 including the filter selection. 0 in that case will be lpf. The system settings are stored globally, and when you upload new patch data from the factory bank I’m guessing it doesn’t overwrite the system settings.

@audiohoarder
Nice you notice the change … easy 1 minute job. Create blue Square, rotate 45°, create white circle, center circle to square, adjust circles size, export as jpg.

But i have no time to change the RTFM Pic, im on a “complete Tangerine Dream album from just one VS Patch” trip atm…

That’s something we would like to hear, when you’re done…

@fcd72: Elegant solution. My icon has a “hidden” secondary feature; I’m not sure if any one notices it. I was tired of smaller icons looking blurry - I’m looking at you Soundcloud. I made it so when it is shrunk or viewed from far away that the words “AUDIÖ HOARDER” fade out and all you see is the black and cyan symbol. This works best with an uncompressed PNG, so ironically it works best on G+.
No need to edit the RTFM picture, I was just being cheeky.
Good luck with your tangerine project. I would also be interested in hearing the results.

> audiohoarder
> This is not a field manual. It is an online manual. “RTOM”

You mean ‘RTFOM’, don’t you?
Never forget a manual is always a f***ing manual when it should be read, whether field or online!

:wink:

Hello,
But where is the default patch bank for the Shruthi? I don’t find it…
I find this one :
https://github.com/pichenettes/shruthi-1/blob/master/shruthi/data/factory_data/factory_data.syx
But i’m not sure about that.
Thanks,
PGizneR

Here

@pichenettes where can the factory patch bank be found now? Old links aren’t working.

Check the official github repo, it’s in the data folder here: