Lexicon MPX100

Anyone have any opinions on this machine? I have to opportunity to get one for a reasonable price, and an effects unit is something I am really missing in my live setup. It’s not the most high end Lexicon effects unit available, but it does come with some great MIDI control, including clock sync for the effects, and preset change using CC messages…

Thoughts are appreciated…

Buy it. Now. A Lexicon is a Lexicon is a Lexicon… (by a happy owner of a MX300)

I have one and i use it just for two reverb algorithms i got used to from my good old PCM70. It’s not capable of doing much, but what it does sounds great.

Yes, it has this endless greater than life reverb . . . .

plate reverb and large cathedral, that’s what dreams are made of…

But i am still going for a PCM96 :wink:

The bad about the PCM96 is the MX300 does 97% of it for just 12% of the Cost. And we both know real man head for a H8000.

Ouch, the cost - This number is blinding me !
On the other hand, Eventide is still doing further firmware development of the H4000 and H8000.

Maybe we could find a job for both of them in our Sideracks…

Hehe, a collegue of mine did an installation in a studio with 2 H4000, 3 H8000 and 2 Orville. This was a job for a vintage freak in a builing in Frankfurt for some kind a cultural event - craaaaaazyyy !

If you really need 3 H8000 you should invest a fraction of the Money in to some Vocal Coaching…

I did not mention the rest of the installation…

yea but even hours of vocal coaching wont sound as cool as 3 h8000s.

3 H8000 reminds me of Der Wendler

Whoah - E.V.I.L !

And i was there™

herzliches beileid:-)