Hi guys, I’m having some issues at step 11 on digital control board.
Ok so, it suggests that while testing it we should be able to see leds 3 and 7
light up, and stay that way, and while rotating the selector watching other
leds form patterns [??].
1. What I had at first was no response on positions 3 and 7 but, while pushing
buttons and rotating the selector, I got some response from all the others
except 3, 7 and 8.
2. After I swapped the power adaptor endpoint module to a larger one, I got signal
from position 7, but no responce from 3 and 8. Still the buttons respond lighting
up other leds and I can hear a few subtle sounds and lfo’s, specifically from
position 6. But, then again, only when I turn the mixer channel volume all the way up.
3. It’s not really clear if it’s necessary to add those 2 little jumper wires
on each side of the analogue ports [marked R1 and R2]. I’ve only soldered
them… maybe that wasn’t even necassary, or it doesn’t matter at all [?!?]; it’s not clear.
4. One last, extremely important, thing I noticed is that on the digital board, that guy has
installed the IC socket [labeled IC4] with the notch indicating rightwards, while it is printed
the other way around… The correct thing, if we are supposed to strictly
follow the board printed indications would be placing it the opposite way, as I did. I’m really
surprised by the fact no one ever commented on that.
5. Oh and yes, I certainly didn’t go wrong placing the infamous shift registers IC2 and IC3
[74hc165 and 74hc595] on their respective places.
Looking forward to read you guys Thanks