Kit arrived

Today the little package reached my hands. The custom logo on the side, the pieces carefully ordered, nothing left to chance… everything is indicative of the care put into the project.
There is only one thing I do not understand: why the paper version of picture of the analog board? Isn’t it easier to download the digital version from the website, with any practical and economic benefits ?

By the way you can follow the evolution of my absolute first approach with a diy project in electronics and my personal experience with Shruthi-1 on my blog (http://muldee.blogspot.com); it is written in my own language (italian) but I suppose it won’t be hard to translate.

I’ll need a lot of help with this so thank you in advance to everyone who will have the patience to support me.

I assembled a couple of kits for friends and colleagues and the printed image of the board has been priceless to cross-check resistor values and parts orientation - especially since I solder in a corner of the house far from computer screens.

I agree, this picture is really helpfull to check every step in soldering job, i even recommand to use an ohmmeter
for every resistor. and now, this picture is on the wall, in my workshop, i wrote something like “i done it !” on the backface.

take your time muldee, and double-check everything ! good luck !

Thank you, luck is what I need!
Here is my very first question: how do I check the resistors with the ohmmeter? I mean, I check the right value for resistors before mounting on the board or after? How and where I have to point the tips of the ohmmeter?

Thanx

you have to check BEFORE soldering, just connect your ohmmeter on each side of the resistor and you’ll read the value
on the ohmmeter lcd display, just take of value (comma and scale),
for exemple: 3.3Kohm is not egual to 33Kohm or 33Mohm.

1Mohm (mega ohm) = 1000 Kohm (kilo ohm) = 1000000 ohm

for a 330ko resistor, your ohmmeter may display “330 K” or “0.33 M”.

read this link for more helpfull details: use a ohmmeter

Thank you for your support Greg.