So after many projects including multiple Monomes, Shruthi’s and guitar pedals I thought I would go for the Ambika. I spent a week of evenings in front of the TV with a board on my knee soldering away. Voice card first and then motherboard. I checked and double checked but still managed to put the LCD in from the wrong side. Unfortunately I damaged some traces getting it out! I managed to spot them and make some little bridges. But when I had completed it, the LCD just showed up little squares.
After 2 hours if panic messing, I decided to call it a day. I could have cried! I mailed to see he cost of a new PCB and LCD then went to have a bath and drink some beer. I looked at the traces on my phone in the tub and followed where they went. Then went back with my multi meter to test what was connected to find 2 of the LCD pins were not connected to the ATMEGA. I plumbed in a couple of wires to bridge the gap and bingo! It lives!
It sounds fantastic and the kit is amazing! So detailed. There was nothing missing and I have found this with all the kits I have built by Mutable Instruments!