It finally happened

Sad! I think the finely crafted MBPs are pushing the thermals a bit too hard. Lots of them croak.

My MBP stopped misbehaving once I put it back on my desk in the Twelve South cradle next to the monitor. Apart from the lack of current finances for getting a new one I got tempted, but now it’s fine.

@Fitvideo: The Vienna comment made my day! Thank you.

Don’t know if this warmed-over Logic is for me either… It’s just more fun to sequence closer to the gear, playing with CV and gate triggers and sync. A computer is something you draw schematics and such on.

@Jojjelito :wink:

I bought it… Im not crazy for the slight Garagebandification. But thats mostly the graphics which you can shove out of the way. It sounds good enough however, so no complaints there.
There are quite a lot of useful new features… And given that it’s cheap, then I think its a must have, if your Mac fits the requirements.
Only fly in the ointment so far is the 64bit AU’s only thing… But hey, it’s not like 3rd parties haven’t had long enough to sort their act out, so it’s their fault as much as Apples.

Luap, has it crashed yet?

I’m a pretty happy Live user. Would anyone say it’s a good idea to take a look at Logic X as it’s reasonably inexpensive?

Also, is there some kind of competition between software synth designers to see who can make the most hideous user interface possible?

Yep, they have been bribed by the hardware industry ! :wink:

“Luap, has it crashed yet?”

Nope. No problems with it at all yet. I don’t doubt that bugs must lurk in it somewhere, being v10.0.0, but im yet to find them. And it’s definitely more stable than early versions of V9 were.

“Also, is there some kind of competition between software synth designers to see who can make the most hideous user interface possible?”

You think it looks bad? Seems pretty decent to me, some slightly cheesy graphics aside… For the most part I think its an improvement on V9 and previous in that department.

The app itself looks great, it’s just that especially the synth plugins look horridly: http://www.apple.com/logic-pro/plugins-and-sounds/#keyboard-sounds

So It’s all loaded up, I just moved so Internet won’t be up til tues or we’d but I’ll upload some screen videos of features folks are curious about. Let me know if there are any you guys would like to see. Midi is amazing with it