Issues compiling code with makefile on windows

just testing trying to compile the code so i understand the process better(i’m going to make my own board but want to get my head around coding it before i commit to anything), i keep getting an error when trying to compile the code for any of the modules.

the error is as follows.

C:\\eurorack>make -f braids\\test\\makefile
braids\\test\\makefile:40: build/braids_test/depends.mk: No such file or directory
mkdir -p build/braids_test/
g++ -MM -DTEST -I. braids/analog_oscillator.cc -MF build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.d -MT build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, g++ -MM -DTEST -I. braids/analog_oscillator.cc -MF build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.d -MT build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.o, …) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: ***** [build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.d] Error 2

C:\\eurorack>

if anyone can help me solve the issue that would be great.

i have downloaded gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2013q4-20131204-win32 and installed it.

thanks in advance

Change the path to the toolchain in the makefile. At the moment it’s still referring to /usr/local

hi this hasn’t resolved the issue i’m still getting

C:\\eurorack>make -f braids\\test\\makefile
braids\\test\\makefile:40: build/braids_test/depends.mk: No such file or directory
mkdir -p build/braids_test/
g++ -MM -DTEST -I. braids/analog_oscillator.cc -MF build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.d -MT build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, g++ -MM -DTEST -I. braids/analog_oscillator.cc -MF build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.d -MT build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.o, …) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: ***** [build/braids_test/analog_oscillator.d] Error 2

C:\\eurorack>

are there any other places where i need to change the toolchain path ?

That’s not the firmware. If you want to build the test program, you’ll need to have gcc/g++ for your target OS installed, and you need to modify the makefile in test/