Is there a way (NRPN/Sysex) to control Input gain?

Hello,

I am looking for a way to control Input Level Gain by Midi (NRPN or Sysex)…
Is there a way to do that…or only possible thru hardware knob…
It would be great to have a dedicate controller for this and for Output Level as well…
I can already control it from CC 7 but value is not saved with the patch…
Is this possible to add within the firmware?

Cheers,
Brice

The Shruthi-1 is not a VA, so the answer is no, because this would require an additional VCA circuit on the input!

Note that you can wire a pot on the pads labelled R1 / IN on the SMR4 mkII filter board to have a gain control on the input signal. All filter boards have a similar set of 3 pads for an input gain pot.

Ok, that’s what I though…
It is no big deal… :wink:

But for the output volume, if I want this parameter to be saved within the patch, I can add this parameter in the firmware right, instead of Using CC 7 , which is not saved within the patch?

No, you cannot add anything related to output/input gain to the patch, it is strictly a HARDWARE setting, that cannot be changed via software/midi…
Think of it like the volume knob on your stereo, it does not change depending on the CD, and neither does the input/output of the shruthi-1 :slight_smile:

Ok thank you for your answer! :wink:
It’s a bit more sad for Level Output not saved within the patch…
Anyway I think it can be done if every parameter are saved and recalled from a external patch (Max/MSP or Bidule…) and you just saved and recall CC 7 as well so when you do a prog change from this patch you will recall the good value for CC 7 for each Programme…