Is firmware 1.01 only for XT version?

I noticed that there is a 1.01 version in the firmware downloads. Is the 1.01 version meant for the classic Shruthi or only the XT version?

Thanks!

It works on the classic Shruthi too.

Great, thanks!

Also, any change log for this version? I didn’t see anything in GitHub about 1.01. I checked master and XT branches.

Only minor bugfixes.

what? where can i dl it?

edit: found it in the fw dl section - looks like it’s been hiding there since april 12.

@pichenettes: any particular reason why you never announced this? did you want it to be, like, an easter egg? :slight_smile:

(or did i just miss the announcement?)

No particular reason. I didn’t think it was worth an announcement since this fixed a few bugs nobody was really complaining about…

no but this id the first time, non-xt shruthi owners get access to a fw 1.0 build for their shruthis, isn’t it?

Does this version correct the issue of values taking a moment to update when moving a knob? I have been finding if I adjust something then tweak the cutoff, it takes a second to actually affect the cutoff. The result is a jump from the cutoffs previous value to the newest value causing an audible jump. I never mentioned because I just figured it was inherent as there being so much data being transferred.

> no but this id the first time, non-xt shruthi owners get access to a fw 1.0 build for their shruthis, isn’t it?

No, 1.0x versions have always worked on all Shruthi.

> Does this version correct the issue of values taking a moment to update when moving a knob? I have been finding if I adjust something then tweak the cutoff, it takes a second to actually affect the cutoff. The result is a jump from the cutoffs previous value to the newest value causing an audible jump.

Huh? This is not supposed to happen. Is this behavior dependent on the MIDI mode? Does this happen with all patches? Can’t reproduce this on my XT…

Hmm. I wonder if its a thing when using the SVF filter. The 2 XT’s I built had the SVF in it. Now that I think about it I had the SMR in one briefly and to my knowledge it didn’t happen until I put the SVF in. Unfortunately both builds weren’t mine so I can’t test it. I do know I didn’t make any changes to the globals other than MIDI channel and filter board.

@pichenettes: yes but there were no pre-built versions available for download anywhere, were there? at least i never found any until i found this new 1.01 build at the usual place linked above.

There were downloads in some threads on the forum… But this seems to be the first official release.

works for the old bootloader too, I was having issues with the ‘unofficial’ 1.0 uploads. Love the new latch and midi clock features, nice work!

ah, must have missed those earlier links.
but that’s what i meant: this is the first official release.
calls for some celebration, no?

Yay! I’ve been hanging out for this. Now I can modulate all the yellow magic delay parameters.

@widdly: does the newer than 0.97 firmware allow anything extra to be modulated in the Yellow Magic board? I think I missed this info…