HowTo: Compile MutableInstruments firmware under Win7-64bit step by step

@kvitekp what type of programmer you’re using?

AVRISP mkII – it works perfectly when I use it with AVR Studio 4

avrdude -V -p m644p -c avrisp2 -P usb -e -U lock:w:0x3F:m -e -u \\ -U efuse:w:0xFD:m \\ -U hfuse:w:0xD6:m \\ -U lfuse:w:0xFF:m \\ -U lock:w:0x0f:m is what use

Ok. got my environment up on my laptop and can compile everything like I should however, I have a question: What is the correct procedure to compile items like the peripheral nunchuck hex?

Generally: make -f path/to/the/makefile bake sets the fuse for a project and uploads it.

For more complex projects with both a firmware + a bootloader there is a specific command…

do i so that from anywhere or do i have to be in the root?

In the root (directory in which README, .gitignore etc is located)

so for the nunchuk frimware from the winavr shell (while in the ambika dir root):

make -f peripherals/nunchuk/makefile

But it looks like it just makes the voicecard FW, what am i doing wrong?

welcome back btw.

Try:

• make -f peripherals/nunchuk/makefile clean
  • make -f peripherals/nunchuk/makefile

Which files does it build?

with the clean flag it makes the voicecard.hex

with just makefile it does the same thing but there is a make.exe: Nothing to be done for ‘all’

What else do you have in the build directory?

thats it. Is there supposed to be some reference to it in the makefile in the root dir? All the other (controller/voicecard/eeprom) are there but I dont see anything about the nunchuk

There’s no reference to it in the makefile in the root dir and it’s normal. That’s why you have to use make f peripherals/nunchuk/makefile - to use the makefile in peripherals/nunchuk.

hmm, noticed something. No matter what I tell it to make, its always making the voicecard (make - f controller/makefile makes the voicecard FW)

same thing goes for the shruthi, I can build the main hex but I cant build anything else, it just build the shruthi hex no matter what I put (make -d -f shruthi/makefile midi just builds the main hex)

Hi, Im having a similar problem when trying to build the main shruthi hex. My build folder only goes upto wii_nunchuk.d then stops.

huh, why are there Ambika files in your Shruthi-1 code tree?

Me? I don’t know why, I was following schrab’s tutorial on my Vista x64 laptop. This is what my build folder looks like,

Oops sorry, I got it wrong…

What happens when you type “make hex” or “make syx”?

I just tried that, and it does the same thing. I get this same message Error 128 no matter if I enter “make” or “make hex” or “make syx”.