High/low Note Priority?

For playing and sequencing the Shruthi alone, the current setup is fine. However, when using the Shruthi as a paraphonic filter on a polyphonic source, having the option of high note priority would be awesome. (Or low note priority for highpass filtering.)
I am not so sure how difficult this would be to implement. I think that parsing incoming midi note messages for their value would suffice.

if(newMidiNote>currentMidiNote){
currentMidiNote = newMidiNote;
}

Or something like that.
I also think that there should be options for velocity tracking like “keep highest note velocity” or “use new note velocity”.

This would be awesome for using synthesizers like the Kawai K1, Casio CZ series, Yamaha DX series, or around here the Preen FM with a Shruthi for filtering. Especially those who play live, but even with sequencing, the same sequence may not trigger the same way twice.

If there is anyway to do this in firmware version 1.0, please let me know. That would give me a great reason to update. :slight_smile:

I’m certainly interested in low note priority for this reason…are there any versions with this implemented?

> I think that parsing incoming midi note messages for their value would suffice.

This would work if this was the only setting, if there was no portamento/legato, no arpeggiator, no polychaining, no duophonic mode…

It’s much more complicated than that, but you can look at how it is done in Yarns…

Add a note_by_priority accessor to NoteStack

In part.cc, replace all calls to most_recent_note to calls to note_by_priority - with the right argument