Getting nowhere with tuning

Just got the replacement 165 for the control board, everything seems to be working fine on that end. I’m trying to get the filter tuned correctly now, but I don’t know if I’m doing it right or even hearing the ‘correct’ sound. Here’s a sample:

And another sample using the default patch (tweaked the cut off frequency, it’s very wonky). I noticed that the note doesn’t change when playing each half step up the octave. This is a problem with filter tuning, right?

Picture of the filter board:
Imgur

And once again, thanks. Hopefully this can be sorted out, I really want to play with it! So very frustrating.

I looked over my soldering job and found a couple places only half filled with solder on some of the ICs. Couldn’t tell any future shruthi owners who may encounter the same problem which one it was though.
I do, however, admit to going a bit too fast on that portion. So many pins!

What did you have to do to fix the self oscillation?

I messed with the keyboard settings, didn’t realize it saved them. Switch ‘Keyboard raga’ to equal to fix it. Pretty dumb on my part :\\

No I can’t see any swapped part values.

At least I did something right :slight_smile:
I got it all tuned up now! Everything seems to work fine except there’s no difference in tone when going from an E to an F, B to C, or any half step up from another note for that matter.They’re all bunched together!

– deleted – I wasn’t paying attention (clearly).

All the components look fine then? I’ll give it another look, thanks!

Looks like there’s a bad solder point somewhere since:

• You don’t get self oscillation
  • The sound is very distorted / glitchy