Frames

I’m having so much fun with this module.
In the ‘not so secret’ mode (cranked up to audio rate) there’s a lovely sweet spot where it sounds just like a vintage organ. Wonderful.
And with a bit of tuning of the modulation on the Frames input it tracks very nicely over two or three octaves. (Probably even more if set up right)
If I get the chance tomorrow I’ll make a short video.

And at lower frequencies it’s also a killer modulator for vco’s or anything else you fancy throwing some mad modulation at.
What a bonus to what is already a great module.
I’ve said before in another thread that I’d have bought this bonus mode as it is in a separate module.

And if the proposed skip to the next frame with a trigger function is added, well, the mind boggles at the possibilities.

It’s a killer module Olivier, I doff my cap to you.

Cheers.

There’s some servere doffage coming from this direction as well. It’s basically the centerpiece of my case . Everything I do involves the functionality of frames in some way.

“skip to the next frame with a trigger” is implemented. Waiting a bit for the release, though…

@pichenettes
Bloody hell. This is going to be massive.
(And gives me the excuse to buy two. One on mixing duties, and one on modulation. Mmm)

@Simon

I’ve been thinking about another one…but another Braids might come first (plus the 50 other modules I want =/)

Bought an Edges yesterday. Call me impatient and stupid but I bought a module before a case. But now I come to think of it, I think I’d sooner attempt to build a case. Just a shame I’ve missed the boat for Frank’s power PCB.

Frames isn’t even listed on the MI pages (other than a coming soon…message). So I’m intrigued as to what it can do.

I want a SID chip module too, but looks like I missed the boat on those too. A UK company called ALM made about 30, called Sid Guts.

Frames’ Modular grid description

I’d expect as much from 6581 punk!

@6581punk: They will release a diy version of the Sid Guts :slight_smile:

@6581punk

Start a list in the thread - i reorder if my ReorderPainLevel™©® is hit.

Wow- incredible. You have two levels of trademark protection and a copyright just for good measure. You’re very serious about taking your “ReorderPainLevel” to the next level, eh?

Yes, its really painful packing 20+ boxes and not to scramble up anything….

“Pain level at 60%, danger level, danger level…”

Made me think of that computer game from Never Say Never Again :slight_smile:

Just like that…… I won against Mr Blofeld :wink:

Just use some frickin Lazer beams next time. Scotty don’t!

@6581Punk - I have an extra bus board on its way to me. If you’re in the states, I can ship it to you for a reasonable price. I can build it up too, if you’re interested. (That way, I can give my new Hakko soldering station a workout)

@cold_fashioned
thats the spirit i want to see here :wink:

@cold_fashioned

I like building stuff, so I’ll have just the PCB if you’re sure you don’t need it :slight_smile:

@6581punk, keep watching thonk.co.uk for a SID guts kit. It was due in Jan, probably will appear this spring. I hope.

I want SID GUTS toooooo. Hoping for that kit!