Frames - Can only move through or edit keyframes with voltage source in FRAME CV input

Hi

I’m having some issues with my Frames module. I hope someone can help.

It’s like this.

I set the Frame knob fully CCW
I ADD a Keyframe.
The Frame knob turns red.
The keyframe LED lights green.
I set values with potentiometers.

I turn the Frame a bit CW until the keyframe LED is no longer lit green.
I ADD a Keyframe.
The Frame knob stays red.
The keyframe LED lights green
I cannot set values with potentiometers. Turning the potentiometers does not brighten or dim the LEDs.

I turn the Frame a bit CW until the keyframe LED is no longer lit green.
I ADD a Keyframe.
The Frame knob stays red.
The keyframe LED lights green
I cannot set values with potentiometers. Turning the potentiometers does not brighten or dim the LEDs.

It does not matter how many keyframes I ADD I cannot edit any of them.

When moving through the keyframes with the Frame knob the Frame knob is always red in colour.

When moving through the keyframes with the Frame knob the potentiometer LEDs always stay the same as the values set in the first keyframe.

If I move the Frame knob back to the first keyframe I can edit that keyframe, but that one only.

If I delete the first keyframe, the Frame knob changes colour and I can then edit the second keyframe.

If I delete that keyframe, I can then edit the next keyframe and so on.

It seems I can only ever edit the first keyframe.

But

If I put a constant voltage source of about 6V into the FRAME CV input and turn the Frame knob it then scans through the keyframes and the potentiometer values do change to whatever I set them to when I was adding them even though it seemed I was not editing them.

I am not in sequencer mode.

I’ve performed a Clear Settings / Save settings many times.

I’ve reflashed the firmware.

Nothing seems to resolve the issue.

It is the same issue this person was having but trying their resolution has not worked for me.

Thanks for your help.

Looks like you have activated the sequencer mode. Check the manual.

Hi

I’ve checked. It is not is sequencer mode.

If put the out of Maths Env 1 into FRAME CV input it cycles through the keyframes, the frame knob changes colour and I can see the four mixer pot values changing.

But if I turn down the modulation pot to 0 (centre), the Frame knob goes red and if I turn through all the keyframes using the Frame knob it stays red and the four mixer pot values do not change.

The Frame knob only works if the there is a voltage source in the FRAME CV input.

If I actually put it in sequencer mode and send it a clock it does nothing.

Any ideas?

I’m pretty sure that it’s in sequencer mode.

> If put the out of Maths Env 1 into FRAME CV input it cycles through the keyframes,

In sequencer mode, the transitions in the signal from Maths are interpreted as ticks indicating that the module should go to the next keyframe.

> the Frame knob goes red and if I turn through all the keyframes using the Frame knob it stays red and the four mixer pot values do not change.

In sequencer mode, when the module stops receiving a clock, the module stays “stuck” at the same frame. That’s why the big knob stays at the same color and why you don’t hear the changes you make with the pots (because you’re editing another keyframe from the active one).

> If I actually put it in sequencer mode and send it a clock it does nothing.

That’s because you’re actually putting it out of the sequencer mode.

OK.

Then I don’t understand as I am moving it in and out of sequencer mode by pushing DEL 5 times.

I have a Maths envelope on cycle going into the Frame CV input.

In sequencer mode the envelope from Maths no longer cycles through the keyframes. I exit sequencer mode and the Maths envelope cycles through the keyframes. I go back into seq mode keyframe cycling stops, back out it starts again. So I believe I am going exiting sequencer mode.

In either mode when turning the Frame knob it does not change colour and cannot edit any of the keyframes except the first one.

If I am doing something completely wrong then please tell me.