FM and Detune on Anushri

I know it don’t belong here, but there is no other category in the Anushri forums so I’m posting it here.
I’ve playing around with the Anu for a bit now and I’m totally in love with it! I also really like the drum machine feature, it’s really fun to mess around with and perfect for improvisations.
Anyway I have the following questions:

• the FM pot does not really do anything most of the time, you really have to hit the “sweet spot” between the VCO tuning and the DCO to make the effect audible and even then it’s really sublte most of the times (and turning down the filter will almost completely remove it). Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?
  • I can’t really hear much difference when turning the detune knob. I was expecting to hear some noticeable detuning effect, like on other synths, but I can hardly make out a difference.
  • The FM pot works best when the main oscillator is set to an “odd” root note ; not the -12 / 0 / 12 / 24 / 36 positions (around which there is a “plateau” in the response of the range knob). At these positions, you get a noisy/metallic sound.
  • The detune pot controls the amount of detuning of the DCO vs the VCO. To hear the effect, the DCO must go into the signal path (so the sub switch must be to the lowest settings; and the sub level to the highest value).

Will try again with the FM thing, I’m sure it’s just a matter of getting a feeling for how it works. Guess I had the DCO always to low to hear the effect, thanks for the explanation!

I find the effect of FM pretty cool when you set the DCO to 1 quarter or one fifth below the VCO.

Yeah I was just doing it wrong! It’s quite awesome now that I figured it out, I agree!