Feature requests

Could a delay parameter be added to the LFO? So you can set say 32/96ths before LFO is output etc. Even better if it could be set independant for each.

Would it be fun to have a chance parameter for the delay/strum? I think it would be a great way of adding some interest to sequenced basslines etc.

Thanks for the suggestion. I won’t work on the MIDIpal code for a while but I might give it a go at a later time.

Firstly, Apologies if my earlier feature requests made anyone angry for not having a go myself, I went away and had a really good try at my idea witin “SCALE” to map each scale to JUST the white or JUST the black keys to avoid duplicate notes within the white or blacks……it was too hard so in the end I gave up on this.

But I noticed that there is a new interest in extending the Midipal so here is my simple idea, I will be brief…

Within “SCALE” > HAMRONIC settings , would it be possible to add a lower cut off note under which the “HARMONY” settings are not applied (but force to scale still is) … basically, creating nice clusters of multiple random notes works WONDERFUL over a melody line, but is much less useful over the bass notes, which ideally in many musical types need to me more plain and clear.

To give you an idea of the application, imagine that I have the ability to “split” the harmony above middle C

I can play a nice repeating C, F, G, bass note line that is clear and simple with no “random” notes…mean while above my middle C cutoff point, I can let my hands improvise with single or clusters of notes which WILL automatically have the harmony types and offset values added to them, allowing for more complex musical forms.

Any help or interest will be greatly appreciated.

There is already the “Attack” Parameter for each LFO.

I think he is talking about the Midipal CC LFO app, not the Shruthi. Look at the category :wink:

On the MIDIpal though? can’t see it myself.

Yups, you are right… I’m in the wrong category pesky little green thingy at the far right top, right?)

Yep, I also noticed it only by coincidence :wink:

Yes midipal not Shruthi :slight_smile: Obviously the LFO delay should only work when the mode is set to note sync, I forgot to mention that.

Added to TODO list

Cool, thanks Olivier!

For the delay/strum chance parameter maybe have a note range, so for example only notes from c3-c5 would be affected. It would be cool to have an option for CC control over speed and amount, not sure if that is practical though?

A few more requests!

Clock divide for the synclatch app? Would be great with monotibe with midi as it runs at double speed. Maybe shuffle/swing too?

Random option for scale - tap a single key for a improv solo.

Another harmony mode for scale to generate 3 or 4 note chords from a single note.

Option to send note data from control app, use 1 of the analog inputs to listen for note, another for gate, so that a cv and gate can be converted to a midi note, perhaps have a scale option too?

Scale option for ranomizer app.

Random remix and force to scale for sequencer app.

Anyway it is an awesome little box, I might have to get another later!

Hello guys, I was wondering if we can add a Midi to CV converter option to the future versions of MIDIPAL, that could be very useful for the old synth without midi, to control them. I’m planning to buy an old cheap Polivoks, so I’m already thinking how to control it through MIDI…
Here’s couples of examples already made
http://www.midi-hardware.com/index.php?section=prod_info&product=MINICV
http://www.paia.com/midi2cv.asp
http://www.engineersatwork.nl/dtronics/pages/usb_cv_gate.html
http://www.doepfer.de/mcv4.htm
http://www.kentonuk.com/products/select/m-cvsel.shtml

What do you think?? :smiley:

You’ll have to add a DAC, some ways of generating another stable supply rail (because +3.3V won’t trigger a lot of stuff), and some connectors of course. At this stage, it’s another hardware product, not just a software mod of the MIDIpal.

Maybe you could get the MIDIpal bare board, a miniCV board, and build it into a nice case?

I am thinking of gettin a second midipal pcb and mounted it with these midi solutions 1x4 merger and splitters into a super junction box for my setup!

I received MIDIpal 2 days ago and had only time to play with it yesterday. Wow, it’s pure genius! I’m already thinking about getting anothers and matrix them with MIDI patchbay. Or I could give it a shot and build a 4xMIDIpal beast with it’s own MIDI routing matrix with LED indicators. Well, it’s just a fantasy as I have only simple soldering experience but the ideas are spawning really wide :slight_smile:

Played a bit with Drums and patterns, it’s really cool but I would like to see the option to split individual drum voices to specific MIDI channels. Can imagine that with two MIDIpals I could achieve that easily (didn’t try the Dispatch mode yet) but maybe it coud be added to Drums parameters like: p1c [1], p2c [2], … where p stands for pattern and #c for channel and respective values then selectable in brackets.

Another feature idea is maybe feasible by using SySex. Please, give me a hint of how such SySex message could look like if that’s already possible. I would like to control i.e. CC LFO1 center value and amount by external MIDI controllers. Simply said it would be cool to have more knobs to control MIDIpal’s functions and parameter values by MIDI CC’s in general.

Olivier, thanks a lot for this little-big box!

Please give us back our active sensing filter Olivier! :slight_smile:

is it posible to edit the actual chord memory function?

i had in the past a chord memory synth korg poly 800 and it works a bit diferent than the midipal . is it posible to thange it in the following cheme.
i wish if i hit a chord like c e g it will hold in the memory and when i hit the c key it just plays this 3 notes . when i hit the key e it will transpose it irealation to the chord.
at the moment the midi pal adds or change some notes when i hit the 3 notes c e g it adds a lower note and it change the chord when i hit a other key.

i know its hard to understand but i cant discribe it in a other way.

hope there is someone who understand my feature request .

buy the way thanks for this verry nice tool.

cit

Yes, I understand, the downside is that if by mistake you play legato it’ll record a new chord.

For example, you play c e g - it records a C chord.

You play C -> it plays CEG

You play G -> it plays GBD

You go back to C while G is held -> it records GC as the new chord!