Extending Yarns for 8x CV/Gate

So before actually trying this, is there anything which speaks angainst replacing the dac8564 with a dac8568 for 8x cv and adding some shift registers for 8x gate and 8x leds? As far as i can tell, the changes to the code would not be very dramatic?

> is there anything which speaks angainst replacing the dac8564 with a dac8568 for 8x cv and adding some shift registers for 8x gate and 8x leds?

That it might be simpler to chain two Yarns?

> As far as i can tell, the changes to the code would not be very dramatic?

Keep in mind that if you intend to provide an 8M layout with 8 independent parts, you’ll have to reduce the maximum length of a sequence because there won’t be enough space in RAM to store 8 instances of the “Part” object. You’ll also have to check if there’s enough room in flash to store the extra calibration data.

Also, there won’t be enough CPU to get 8 channels of the internal audio oscillator.

Didn’t found that in the manual, so you can chain two of them to get 8 voice polyphony?

Since i basically only need an 8 channel midi to cv interface i thought about removing everything else from the code (like the oscillators and sequencers) and then use the bigger dac.

> so you can chain two of them to get 8 voice polyphony?

Yes, there’s a layout called 8>, which forwards to a second unit all the notes the first unit can’t play.

Ok, sorry then for bothering you, then connecting two of them seems to be the better and easier option!