Eurorack Power Bus Board PCBs available for the Shruthizen! Enroll for Summer!

@fcd72 Will it also get a cutout for a power inlet

@fcd72 it might be nice to cut any slots and holes in such a way that they’re still connected at four sides, but that you can easily pop them out when you want to add something there.

@t2k
The 6U and 9U will… the 3Us simply have not enough room within, i think of it more as a “Dooh, i miscalculated my need for space” add-on thing. Or something that grows with your needs. Its my take of Rupert Neves Penthouse Design :wink:

And thinking about it i could do a 1,5 U Basement Case for the PSU :wink:

@fcd72 You can fit a RT50B in a 3U perfectly fine as long as it’s at least 8 or 9 cm deep and as long as you snap one of your busboards in half. :slight_smile:

@t2k
HERETIC. If you want i can cut a hole for your Power Inlet even in the 3U case…. its all BTO.

Mmm, I’d love me a 9U for starters, maybe two as the modular keeps growing… Fecking GAS :slight_smile:

Frank, did you just derail your own thread?!

I wish it have a lid to make it ready to gig…

Anyway looks great!

@piscione
Yeah, at last i found something i am good at….

Not just good at, a master.

Frank, I am humbled to be in your virtual presence. You, Sir, are the God of derailment!

I think he can call us “grasshopper.”

Ok, if you do another run with bus boards, a case and a power supply, I am going to have to get one of these kits. I may get the modular stickers for decoration, haha.

@audiohoarder
You don’t need a Sticker, the warning already is engraved in the Case - i have a pro Lawyer.

@fcd72: Haha, I should have know that would be engraved on the case. Any plans to make some smaller cases? I suppose that the material you are using is better for a stationary studio case though.

@audiohoarder
smaller depends on the rails i can get. so far I’m searching for rails with 3mm threaded strips for a decent price…. if anyone has a tip?
material is top notch quality 5mm MDF, so when its glued its sturdy albeit not suitable to be moved by the average Stagehand.

I have a 84HP 6U case made of 5mm MDF and it’s really sturdy and rock solid. If you use good rails, than you’ll get a lot of stiffness even before you add the glue.

@fcd72: I think most european builders use the rails made by Gie-Tec but you probably already knew that …

@janniz
Jups but i still hope for the secret chinese super cheap top quality instant delivery supplier :wink:

I know thonk is also going to be selling rails reel soon…