Eurorack Breadbaord?

openheart Surgery

Looks great. I thought at first that it was intended to be mounted in a case (in which case it would have been a silly idea because the parts wouldn’t stay in place with gravity pulling them down…); but as a bench tool, it looks usable. Would be a good match with the Euro module tester :smiley:

their design looks awesome as usual.

I am not sure, however, if an “estimated price: 270-320€” for what seem to be mostly very basic circuits is all that exciting. Also, i don’t know if I would put such a module in the rack, rather than have it in a separate case, just to avoid some unfortunate accidents.

basically, everything on there seems straightforward with something like MI breadboard friends for arduino (aka a collection of basic i/o circuits for eurorack). But then, of course, to have a choice is always a good thing …

A rats nest of wires inside a rats nest of wires……

I posted a follow-up at http://patchpierre.blogspot.nl/2014/03/addac210-open-heart-surgery-thoughts.html

@PatchPierre: is the info straight from ADDACs announcement or do you know more about it. I am not sure if I understand correctly what the module is about: from the description it seems it’s mainly a breakout-box for an arduino, with some added pots and switches. But there is no further associated circuitry. So all connections are patchable, but all the rest you have to add yourself.

I would find it much more useful if the board would include some common circuits to buffer output, to protect and attenuate input, etc … just like the breadboard friends of MI. But from the descriptions as yet, I guess the ADDAC does not …

ps. if you are interested in this kind of stuff, you should definitely have a look here: http://mutable-instruments.net/bbf (if you did not already). Something like this a bit tweaked towards eurorack applications would be incredible useful.

@morcego The info comes from the ADDAC announcement and discussions in the Muffwiggler thread.
I am not affiliated…
Okay, this might just look like a breadboard on a Eurorack panel, but IMO this is so much more; the instant Arduino connectivity, access to the busboard wiring on the front panel, built-on pots, switches and jack inputs make synth-diy and prototyping more accessible for beginners (like me).
You can already start creating a great fuzz using a single transistor and diode.
The short circuit protection sounds great too… what can go wrong? :wink:

I do understand that the pre-installed pot-values might not be suitable for every project and can even be quite limiting (some circuits may need more than 2 pots of the same value) but you can always add more yourself. I also read that the boards are screwed on, so changeable…
I already have a breadboard, but the ADDAC is on my wishlist, and brings Eurorack patching to a whole new (microprocessor) level…
It cold use a protective cover so your projects don fall off… but thats my only complaint.
Thanks for the link btw…

don’t know if it is 100% appropriate to post this here (if not, please let me know and i delete). I made a small sketch of what i would have found more exciting: something like the love child of Ardcore and Breadboard Friends.

Not in eurorack format, but as a small desktop unit, with its own power supply. And, importantly, with some of the circuits pre-wired, such that inputs are inputs and outputs are outputs, i.e., buffered and protected. Then one can easily throw in some generic pots, knobs and switches, and maybe even a simple DAC, just like on the Ardcore.

And it should not be too difficult to build something like this, for example using the FC Power DIY and an arduino inside the case.

misspelled ‘analogue’ but so be it … to lazy to change it now. figure anyway just added for illustration.