Elements 2

Bonjour Pichenettes :grinning:

Elements just passed “discontinued Modules” … :sleepy:
A new Elements 2 in preparation in the near future ?

Voili voila

Merci

No new module is in preparation. Beads is the last module I designed, back in 2019.

Existing modules are going to be discontinued one after the other, when depends on hard to predict supply, production and sales patterns.

5 Likes

Merci Pichenettes et courage pour le futur, on sera toujours la pour te soutenir.
A très bientôt
Paolo

1 Like

It’s a pity. I love my Elements (first MI module I bought) and still make a lot of use of it.

1 Like

I’m sad to hear your modules are going out of production but it’s completely understandable. Also sad to hear you aren’t designing more at the moment but perhaps inspiration will come to you sometime. Whether it does or not I just created this account to say thank you for the joy your work has bought to me and the much wider community. I have a small collection of your modules in my system (which otherwise mostly consists of kits) and will hopefully add a few more while I can.
Thanks again,
Matt

4 Likes

Very sad new.
Your creations brings a lot to modular, and lot of people share and love them.
I will do my best to get the MI i missed before they desappear.
Everytime i use them, i love them more
Thanks for all
Wish you at least as much good moments as you gave us with your work, so the rest of your road will be happy journey.

1 Like

I wonder if she meant that Mutable wont produce no no new modules and existing modules will cease to be produced, or if we are just over-reacting and what she really meant was that there are no currently New Modules being designed, but might will. And, existing modules will ceases to be produced according to “normal” market rules, but that might not be anything new, as it is normal for a company to do these, but does not need to happen anytime soon…

1 Like

Or if you are over-interpreting :wink:

I won’t design new modules and production is progressively stopping. Modules are marked as discontinued when the last shipment is sent to dealers. I can’t predict when it happens as it depends on how fast a batch is made, and how fast it gets sold. It might happen in a week, in a month or in a quarter. There is no easter egg, no plot twist, no teaser.

3 Likes

Will you still work with synths or music related stuff in some way? (Sorry for a personal question and thanks for everything)

No, I won’t (if I wanted to continue working in that field, I would simply continue with Mutable Instruments).

2 Likes

Elements has always been the one module that fascinates me the most. However I’ve never had the chance to try it out which is a must before making such a big investment in money, time and rack space.
If there was an Elements2 how could it be improved upon ? (Please don’t suggest making it smaller. 32hp is sufficient)

Elements 2… it’s called Rings

1 Like

Some of things I could have done (but it’s pure speculation, science fiction or fanfiction, etc…):

• More compact UI layout (28 HP?)
  • Faster processor to run everything at 48kHz (I doubt there would be a big difference sound-wise, but people compare – and complain about – those numbers), and allow the same polyphony feature as Rings.
  • Dedicated button for polyphony control.
  • Dedicated button to switch between the 3 resonator models.
  • Some extra CV inputs, or some assignable CV scheme, to control the three exciter mixing knobs.
  • Some built-in exciter sample player (from SD-card?).
11 Likes

Lets go! :wink:

1 Like

I completely agree with you
very good ideas
Project validated by the community

Y a plus qu’a :yum:

re: science fiction or fanfiction, etc…I’d also add:

• the ability to be able to modulate the Contour envelope
  • a bit more bite on the Brightness filter

Great idea! : - )

Before she leaves, Émilie makes a list against each module about what she would consider to change. Then all the clone manufactureres had a real task, against which the world could measure them… : - )

Émilie, I wish you all the best for your future life. I hope it will be so good that you will not often need to look back.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Various discussions about the end of Mutable Instruments, aka “shutting down of production” according to the Santa’s workshop model of music instruments manufacturing