Elektron's Parameter Lock style sequencer

Hi,

I was wondering if it’s possible to change the code of the shruti/Ambika in order to have a sequencer in the style of the parameters lock in the Elektron line ? It’s a really powerful feature and it’s the one thing that I miss…
Any coder ?

Thank !

Not enough RAM.

There is nothing stopping you from hooking up an external sequencer with a lot of CCs for parameter control. That would require no coding. :slight_smile:

Hi,
Thank for the response,
I doesn’t want to have to many stuff for my live rig, I’ve already got 3 flights cases full of stuffs and if I can win some place and have a all-in-one box, that could be great. (And I need to send master clock, a perfect sync etc. that take some time).

Is the ram already full ?, or could we remove the whole arp/seq/step part in a new firmware and built a 8 step sequencer that could send 4 parameter per step ?

Sometimes I’m a little confused, Ambika is a monster synth with customs filters that are great, but the synth is lagging when changing patch, mono output, miss usb and doesn’t have some free ram for future plans… I really don’t know anything in hardware, but is it possible to add ram/change the chip ?

Thank

> Is the ram already full ?

Yes. And the code storage (flash) too.

> but is it possible to add ram/change the chip ?

The whole point of Ambika was to design a hybrid polysynth using only through-hole components.

There are faster microcontrollers with more RAM, more flash, USB, but none of these are through-hole.

> Sometimes I’m a little confused,

You are completely right and that’s why this project has been discontinued. It was really stupid to attempt to design something that big as a DIY project.

1 Like

Oh, I begin to understand.
So…Well, any plan to make a super-mega-Ambika-2000 with a SMT microcontroller ? Or is it impossible ?
The motherboard/MCU could be surface mounted but the rest could be the same…?

Thank for the effort you put in Ambika, it’s really a killer-synth for the price. Hope to see a little brother one day.

Technolife

> any plan to make a super-mega-Ambika-2000 with a SMT microcontroller

No.

> The motherboard/MCU could be surface mounted but the rest could be the same…?

So that we have something that can neither be factory made, nor DIY assembled :slight_smile:

@pichenettes Then I just have to say that even your “end of the road” projects full with technical compromises are awesome, because that’s what I think of my Ambika. I will never part from it

@pichenettes there are several DIY projects out there that do come with pre-soldered SMT components, though, so it’s not such an outlandish thing to do.

Having said that, you’ve made it pretty clear that you’ve no plans to produce any more DIY projects, for understandable reasons (even it is still a bit of a shame).

a|x

I’d be happy with an open source (non-DIY) hybrid poly synth - I’d love to hack the firmware of another one :slight_smile:

But I assume the old school subtractive synth days are over for MI, both due to (probably very sound) commercial reasons, and lack of interest in this field, compared to the less exhausted sound generation/processing techniques out there.