Early days

I’ve now got my Ambika up and running with three SMR4 voicecards and I’m loving the effect of one part split between three voices. One question I have is whether there’s a way of preventing Ambika reverting back to the default when MIDI data stops and restarts without having to save to the SD card every time. For instance, I’ve got Ableton Live outputting on channel 1 to voicecards 1, 3 and 5 set to poly mode. I click s5 and change octv to -1 and and then s2 to change freq to 1, but then when I stop and restart Live those setting revert back to their default.

sounds like you have a program change message embedded in the clip you’re using - every time you restart the clip it sends the program change

http://en.wikiaudio.org/Ableton_Live:MIDI_bank_and_program_changes

Thanks for the suggestion but the clip just has plain note data.

> One question I have is whether there’s a way of preventing Ambika reverting back to the default when MIDI data stops and restarts

Not sure what you mean by “reverting back to the default” and “when MIDI data stops and restarts”? I guess that Ableton live is sending a CC resetting something - is there a way for you to trace which message it sends?

In particular, look for spurious CC 126 / CC 127 messages which set the poly/mono modes and are likely to mess with this setting. You can also try configuring Ambika so that it stops responding to CC messages.

defenestration +pichenettes Thanks for the advice. I checked the Lice clip and found that program ‘1’ was being sent by default; changing this to ‘none’ solved the problem.