Dream of an Mutoscope

I dream of an oscilloscope like the Mordax Data,but its really too expensive…and all inside is not really indispensable.(but cool)
it would be really useful .And with the Mutable signature…i dont know if it would be a really hard work to do.
What do you think?

It’s as much work as any other digital module :slight_smile:

It would be nice, but there is already a long list of other things I’d like to do first!

In defense of Mordax, they added a bunch of functionality that make it much more than a voltage reader/oscilloscope. It can be a two voice synth, a calibrated voltage source, convenient tuner, and much much more. Although I suppose where it really shines is in youtube videos :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes i know…i think thats why its quite expensive…and the Mordax is fantastic!

Yes of course …of course…thks Olivier.

Enlighten us. Publish your long list.
Don‘t worry, we won‘t tell anyone!
:wink:

I didn’t see any need to have a scope as one of my rack modules, I just picked up a $30 scope kit from China on Ebay which meets my needs for the most part. Spend a little more and get a dual trace and you’ll still be well below $100. I just mounted it to the outside of my case, so it’s almost like it’s in the rack. And we’re talking audio rate signals, so it’s not like you need a 100Mhz bandwith piece of quality test equipment to do the job.

Yes but as a beginner its important to me to understand what i do and where i go…but you’re right.

I use a a BitScope Micro hooked up to an old Raspberry Pi with a 7 inch touch screen display, and some 3.5mm adaptor plugs I soldered up. The BitScope handles up to +/- 12V inputs, and is a proper dual channel DSO, (as well as a logic analyser), and can do X/Y vector scope displays and spectrum analysis. And it’s programmable with a nice Python API, so you could even make custom apps. In fact, the 7 inch RPi touchscreen fits between eurorack rails, so it would be possible to make a dual channel eurorack specific oscilloscope with just a the off-the-shelf RPi and BitScope parts, a custom panel and a few 3.5mm sockets. Hardware cost would be under US$200. It could even have it’s own custom simplified touch interface with a little bit of Python hacking. I had planned to do just that, but, well, never got around to it. BitScope is based here in Sydney, Australia.

Of course, once you have an RPi with a touch screen in your rack, you could use it for a lot more than just oscilloscope duties. Such as also powering, say, a Terminal Tedium. At the same time it is running the BitScope oscilloscope app (because most of the oscilloscope signal processing is offloaded to the BitScope hardware). Hmmm, tempting!

http://bitscope.com/product/BS05/

http://bitscope.com/pi/

PS The screenshots here were all made with the BitScope Micro, connected to my Macbook rather than an RPi. It works with Windows too, of course.

Thank you! im gonna watch this!! …waoow it looks cool.A big thanks to u!