Don't panic!

Hardware troubleshooting for beginners redux:
ACHTUNG!
ALLES TURISTEN UND NONTEKNISCHEN LOOKENPEEPERS!
DAS KOMPUTERMASCHINE IST NICHT FÜR DER GEFINGERPOKEN UND MITTENGRABEN! ODERWISE IST EASY TO SCHNAPPEN DER SPRINGENWERK, BLOWENFUSEN UND POPPENCORKEN MIT SPITZENSPARKSEN.
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.

Sorry about the all caps, I’m too lazy to fix that…

OMG, jojjelito - so much drugs in the early morning…

you should talk to a professional…

No drugs. Just hunger from rolling out of bed, eating a banana and nothing more. After a decent lunch the hallucinations went away…

Oh noes, now I started looking at some fine piece of badonkadonk walking by my office window. This humpday is weird!

I think this should be added to the wiki.

I think this should have its own wiki.

hmm, t-shirt fodder for sure

It’s a classic. I’ve seen it here and there, at least since more than 10 years ago. It would make a decent t-shirt :slight_smile:

I will offer Stamps with this so you can give your correspondence the last touch…

Definately makes things “official”…

Anybody care to translate that into English? I hate to see what the Google translator would do to it.

Its already translated by Google, sadly the they scrambled the language settings for each letter…

It is a terrible combination of English, German & dutch… I can barely make out the meaning :confused:

Actually this is someones made-up idea of how a German sign telling people to stay off the computer is supposed to look.

Roughly:
Beware!
All tourists and non-technical people looking! The computer machine is not for finger poking and grabbing mitts. Otherwise it’s easy to break the sprung engine, blow fuses or pop corks with pointy sparks.
It’s not for working with stupids. The rubbernecking sightseers must keep their cotton-picking hands in their pockets. So relax and watch the blinkenlights…

Here’s the German version in fractured English:
ATTENTION This room is fullfilled mit special electronische equippment.
Fingergrabbing and pressing the cnoeppkes from the computers is allowed for die experts only!
So all the “lefthanders” stay away and do not disturben the brainstorming von here working intelligencies.
Otherwise you will be out thrown and kicked anderswhere!
Also: please keep still and only watchen astaunished the blinkenlights.

Reference here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinkenlights

I think I’ll put it on al my collegues desktop during the next lunch break!

Impressive how fast you faked all these Wiki Articles and References jojjelito…

Yup! Complete with an edit history that goes way back. Also, retconning the Jargon file was my master stroke… Next up: Gonna re-write the history of ancient Egypt. Everyone knows it’s fake and began with that Bangles song - Walk Like an Egyptian.

in fact the bangles song is actually the remake of the german ‘version’ and its release before the original was just the small scale dress rehearsal for the above mentioned installment of the ‘fake’ egyptian history, which has now become the ‘true’ history. the only mystery about it is just from which point in time the bangles release has been / will be / is being launched (in order to prevent it and thus changing history
you did proper research jojjelito)

in fact us germans are always first: creating egyptian history, landing on the moon, takin over the world, saving the planet by buying energy saving bulbs…